• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Change My Primary Email Address after Deleting a Second Account

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had two Adobe accounts with two different primary emails. I successfully deleted one of the accounts that used the primary email of ABC for example.

On my remaining account, I deleted my secondary email that was also ABC.

So now I should be able to change the primary email address of my remaining account to ABC. No go. I keep getting an error message that states the ABC email address is being used somewhere else, when in fact, I have cleared all uses of the ABC email. Do I need to wait a specific period of time before changing the primary email on my remaining account?

Please help as the primary email (XYZ for example) that is used on my remaining account will no longer be valid soon.

Thanks,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log-in below.

https://account.adobe.com/profile

Add a second email to your account. 

Afterwards, you should be able to edit your primary email.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I just followed your instructions, trying two different secondary email addresses. I still could not change my primary email address. I received the same error message stating that the email address I want to change to is is use somewhere else even though I deleted my old account and added different email addresses as secondary addresses. 

I will wait a few hours and try again, but it does not look good. Any other ideas?

Regards,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that was the same email you used on a closed account, you can't use it again because it's blocked.  Use another email address.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay.

Thank you for that information.

Regards,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines