• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancellation fee illegal in Japan

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my name is Jose, today I cancelled a Adobe year subscription that I dint even knew I order (cause you know, looks like is made for you to not notice when you are just downloading a free trial) 
The funny thing is this plan is already canceled but the pay off that, I still have to pay 50% of the year subscription in one payment to ADOBE even if Im not gonna be able to use the service anymore (cause I cancel it) 
Good thing that I know as for experiencie this kind of practique is Illegal in many countries and one of then is my actuall country Japan, so I dont know if Adobe can resolve my problem before the money is taken away for me or Im gonna be lawsuiting them in a week. 
Also good thing there is not direct way to contact technicall service in Spanish or Japanese for a quick response right? so thing are slow and the money can be taken in the mean time 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Nothing in Life is Free. Anytime you have to enter Your Credit Card information, a Payment method, for something it is NOT FREE.

This forum system is not a direct link to Adobe support.
We are just users like you and can't help with account questions.
You need to contact Adobe directly through the Chat system at the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Select the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.
Type in AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI System.

Best of Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are not talking about free or not, im talking about a system that puts you, not only in the monthly payment alone, but in the year plan wich if u cancel at any time you have to pay a 50% of the remaining time that you can not use the programs, but yet you pay for it. Thats is declared illegal in Japan as far as I know and I will assume that in many countries is ethically debatable at least. Thats why Im willing to lawsuit over that, is like 80 dollars for nothing that I have to pay.

Thanks anyway for your help Just SM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said above, "Anytime you have to Enter your Credit Card Info, include a Payment Method, that something you think is a Free Trial Is NOT".

It was your failure Not READing the terms of what is being called a Free Trial.

If it was REALLY A Free Trial they would not make you enter your credit card details to download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you buy a subscription... https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html
-LOTS of screen pics of the terms https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Creative-Cloud-One-Years-Subcription-help/td-p/10379854 in reply #4
-Purchasing FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Purchasing-FAQ-How-do-I-purchase-a-Creative-Cloud-members...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They already fixed my problem, thanks for your comments, if someone knows how to close this post I will appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>someone knows how to close this post

Just don't come back... but the message will stay here for other people to read and learn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines