• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cancellation fee is just unfair.

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, about a month ago i decided to try photoshop and i saw this nice little bundle of apps called photography. So, I paid for the bundle from the get go and was not aware of the whole 14 day trial thing / the yearly subscription thing. Fast-forward a month later, I decide that I don't want to use the bundle and try and cancel my membership. I was absolutely shocked to find that I was being charged a cancellation fee of  rs 3800/-. I do believe this is predatory practice. It either stay and pay or leave and loss. Why can't I just try the app for the period of time that i want it. And rs 3800/- is a huge amount for an Indian. Also, where the f**k are the customer support numbers for india. Leave india, where are any of your customer care numbers? I tried contacting them on this no. 8008336687 and all the time is switched off. So, I have no way of resolving and I'm stuck with it unless i cancel and rakeup a huge cancellation fee. Who do i contact? How do I get this resolved? And most definitely don't want to pay as I have not used the software for any commercial purposes and haven't made any money on it or haven't used it for more than a month. How do i go about this?

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for others, the yearly plan is offered at a discounted (monthly) rate.  in exchange for that discount you're making a commitment for one year (just like an auto or apartment lease). if you break the lease, there's a penalty (= 1/2 of what you would have paid had you continued).

if you only want something short term (ie, less than 7 months), sign up for the monthly plan.  there's no obligation to continue beyond the 1 month you pay (each month you want the subscription).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines