• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancellation frustrations and deceptive practices of Adobe

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried countless times to cancel my subscription during the free trial period and could not. The <Removed by Moderator>verification page always failed. I tried several different browsers, PCs, and different days, and it was always the same. They were making it seem as if they were making the process impossible on purpose. Every time, I would start a chat to try and cancel the subscription, and they would bounce me from person to person until the chat eventually disconnected on its own in some way or another, or they would wait you out until you had to leave. When I made an email complaint after the fact about my frustrations, they extended me three months of free service; I never asked for that, and as I already detailed, I tried to cancel during the original free trial. Today when trying to cancel before the "three free months ended, they told me that I would be billed some ridiculous charge because I went past my free trial, and as per the terms and conditions, that meant that I agreed that if I canceled early that I would pay the fee. These are such unbelievably predatory and underhanded methods by Adobe. I told them that I still wanted to cancel and that I would dispute the charge with my credit card company if they tried to bill me a cancellation fee. They kept bouncing me around again until the chat magically disconnected with the third tier of person I was bounced to. I'm going to share this with as many places as I can; it's truly outrageous. Attached are the transcripts from some of the chats which I transferred to Word.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Tahmeed, I am sorry that you have had a frustrating experience contacting us. We have been trying to contact you regarding support case ADB-28107032-L6P6. The case will close soon, so please respond to our e-mail or use the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update your active support case.

I would recommend checking the Junk mail settings of any e-mail clients you are utilizing. They may be preventing you from receiving messages

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you're aware of the cancellation terms by selecting your plan type (at the top of the page here), https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

for info on how to cancel your subscription, this page describes the few steps involved, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

if you want to cancel but are unable to follow the steps described in the "how to cancel page", contact adobe support.

there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tahmeed, I am sorry that you have had a frustrating experience contacting us. We have been trying to contact you regarding support case ADB-28107032-L6P6. The case will close soon, so please respond to our e-mail or use the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update your active support case.

I would recommend checking the Junk mail settings of any e-mail clients you are utilizing. They may be preventing you from receiving messages from us, as your previous support case was also closed because we did not hear from you. Please bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html so that you will not need to utilize e-mail to see the status of your active cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These options do not work, because it takes me to the same splash page that does not load, please just cancel my account, for gods sake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tahmeed28414229amdq 

no one can cancel your account for you.  you have to do that yourself.  instructions are in my previous message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tahmeed, 

As suggested by @Jeff A Wright please respond to the email sent by Adobe. We will not be able to cancel your account at our end , only support can. 

Regards 

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from download&install>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you managed to get this resolved? I've had pretty much the same experience (unable to cancel, 3 month offer which takes you out of cancellation period which is a shady tactic) and can't seem to speak to anyone directly either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: cancellation

make sure you're aware of the cancellation terms by selecting your plan type (at the top of the page here), https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

for info on how to cancel your subscription, this page describes the few steps involved, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

if you want to cancel but are unable to follow the steps described in the "how to cancel page", contact adobe support.

there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that info.

I had seen this from your earlier response to the original query.

The chat feature so far has not connected despite waiting 30+ mins on 3 separate occasions.

• I did speak to an agent on the phone but the language barrier is a real challenge, not the agents fault of course, and I have difficulty speaking too. This leaves me with Twitter (which I don't have... yet) but surely it should be easier to cancel?

I have had an email from 

customercare-support@adobe.com... so you know if this is a legit source?

Thanks again

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that address is an adobe address, but they won't respond if you're initiating contact.  just make sure, if you're replying to a contact initiated by you, that you copy and paste that address into the to field. ie, don't click a link and expect the message to go to adobe.

and i don't know why you're having trouble with chat and i'm pretty sure you typed "agent" into the chat field and then started your wait, but just to make sure i'm mentioning it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you, you have been a real help 👍

I'm going to try the chat again... I'm sure I typed "agent" but then again I might not have so I'll give that another shot 

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keep this thread updated.  we should be able to get adobe support to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't been able to get this resolved.  Nothing I've tried has worked, including all their suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tahmeed28414229amdq 

why can't you use phone? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,
I just noticed that you have continued to charge my credit card after even cancelling the subscription on 17/2/2022
Please make sure you reimburse the full amount you have charged my  credit Card after the cancelation (17/2/2022).

Latest deduction is as below:

Can you organise the reimbursement and properly cancel the deductions immediately?
Thanks
ANY HELP PLEASE...ADOBE Has no email and No help. This is Bad customer service - taking money forcibly..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines