• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot see how long my license is still valid anywhere after deactivating the auto-renewal

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After disabling the automatic renewal of my photography plan, I can't see how long my license is still valid anywhere.
In the meantime I have redeemed several redeem codes and nowhere on the website do I have a chance to see when my current PS/LR license expires.

From the support (chat) I only get the answer that this is the case. Nothing more. (!!!)

But honestly: I bought a license and Adobe doesn't want to show me how long it is valid? That's not only strange, it's dubious.

The duration of my license is independent of whether I have deactivated the automatic renewal of my subscription or not. After all, the date depends on how many years I have paid for my license (including the redeem codes).

This is a bug on the website and should be fixed. Transparency towards the customer is more than important with such high license prices and actually a matter of course.
It should also be transparent when a code was redeemed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to disable automatic renewal, that I know of, is to cancel your subscription. https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/manage-account/using/manage-auto-renewal-settings.html If you do that, it might stop the same day, or run to the end of a contracted period. See https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. 

But..  

1. There isn't written that I would cancel the subscription - there is only written that I deactivate the automatic renewal which implies I can re-activate the renewal afterwards. Nothing else.   This is a big issue, I think, for everyone who wants to deactivate the renewal with the option to reactivate it on a later point in time.
  2. The expiration date of my license depends not only on my subscription. I can (and I did) redeem codes to bye more years of using my license. Besides the subscription management - a licensee cannot see the used redeem codes anywhere. AND (!!!) I cannot see, when my license will expire after changing from the automatic renewal to the alternative way (redeem codes) of paying for my license. Adobe Support can give this information the users on demand - but the users must be able to see it in the Adobe account/subscription management pages: The used redeem codes on the one hand as well as the real expiration date of the currently valid license on the other hand (not only a subscription). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please say how you deactivated auto renewal. This may be new, or only available in certain countries. The usual answer from everyone, and from the Adobe instructions that I linked to, is that you can ONLY cancel, but you may have new information. Unless you have new info, you should know that auto renewal is a condition of your subscription and cannot be turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean there's no "Expires on" date or info shown when you go to this page?

==> https://account.adobe.com/plans

cc expiration date.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly. 

But, show me the same page, with agreed annual payment and deactivated automatic renewal.
In this case I do not see the purchased redeem codes nor their expiration date or the expiration date of my photography plan.

Unfortunately, I cannot send a screenshot as I reactivated the auto-renewal in the meantime for known reasons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines