Exit

Changing subscription question

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe subscription says:

Renews automatically on Dec 30, 2020.

I want to change the subscription so that it does not renew automatically.  

How do I do that?

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cancel just before your contract will renew... otherwise, it WILL renew

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you buy a subscription... https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

However, I don't want to have to cancel it just before the contract ends, I might be overseas.  I want to set it now so it won't renew then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck with that. 

If you cancel today, your plan will stop at the end of May.

If you wait until your 12th month to cancel, your plan will stop at the end of December. 

Your choice.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know, there is no way to do this. The subscription renewal is automated and not subject to user control, and I think also not to Adobe control, but you will have to talk to customer support to find that out. Meantime, you have 3 choices:

1. You can cancel any time between now and the first of December at the cost of a termination fee of 50% of what your remaining subscription would have cost you. Doing it now would be the equivalent of paying for 3 months now. If you wait until November 30th, that's half a month's fee.
  2. You can remember to cancel it yourself on the first of December.
  3. You can let it roll over.

Unless you expect to be totally without internet access in December, I don't see what being overseas has to do with canceling in December. Quite a few non-USA countries even have Internet cafes where you can rent time on a computer, so even if you don't have your own personal internet access, it can still be done.

TL;DR: You can't do what you're asking to do. Sorry, but there's nothing the users here can do to help you, because even if it were do-able, it would take an Adobe employee with access to user accounts and billing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines