• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Charged for month's subscription. I cancelled same day and have no further access+no refund

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm confused over Adobe's cancellation and billing policy and was wondering if anyone could help. I signed up to the Illustrator free trial, which I was unable to cancel the day it was up as "payment was due". So I kept it for a month further at the price of 30 quid a month, and then noticed the time had come for the second month's payment. I decided to cancel the day of payment as I had ended up in the same situation again of not cancelling early enough, and I presumed that, upon cancellation, the money would either be refunded or I would have access for the rest of the month and then it would lapse. I cancelled the same day I paid.

What has actually happened is the money went out of my account on 4th Jan, and Adobe took away my access from the moment I cancelled. There has been no mention of a refund. Have I just paid this company 30 quid for no product at all? It seems really unfair for them to not allow me the month they have just taken my money for, or else a refund of that money. Am I missing something? There appears to be no ability to phone or speak to anybody about this issue, as my paid membership and support was also cancelled immediately... Thanks for any guidance. 

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John! Turns out I just didn't spot that chat bubble despite looking for it lots of times - thank you for describing what to look for on the page. All the best 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the terms you agreed to when you joined?  They are not hard to understand.

Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

• Your 7 day trial reverted to a paid plan on the 8th day of service. 
  • You had 14 days in which to cancel without penalty and receive a refund. 
  • After 14 days, there are no refunds. 
  • Annual subscribers incur a 50% early termination fee for cancelling before their year is up.

Phone customer service M-F during normal business hours.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, 

Yes I had read them and yes they weren't hard to understand (but don't let me get in the way of you making people feel small!) 

For anyone wondering in a similar situation, this wasn't in the normal terms, Adobe made a mistake and 

I received a full refund. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I'm confused over Adobe's cancellation and billing policy and was wondering if anyone could help."

===========

@defaultyicsmlfb31lj,

Glad online chat was able to resolve your account/billing problem. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines