Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Charged for trial account but account not created

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have created a free trial for creative cloud (at no small expense - $120).

I opted to pay with PayPal during the creation process. I logged into my paypal, selected my credit card and hit pay. Then, on the next page on the adobe website, it gave me an error along the lines of "Paypal is down, try again later" or something similar.

So, i was charged the full amount but left with no account. I cant even go into my account to cancel the trial to get the money back. I am left in the worst situation where i both cant use the trial/product but i am still being charged the full amount for it.

I thought i would try again (stupidly) as i really need this product and the same thing happened! So now my paypal account has $240 worth of pending orders ($120 * 2) for software i cant even use.

I have had no luck with the online chat but i will keep trying. I also cant dispute the transaction with paypal as it is listed as "Order Placed", so, whilst i have not been charged, the charge will (presumably) go through eventually (perhaps after the 14 days) and will charge me the full amount.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try contacting via Twitter, @adobecare

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

use a different browser with chat if you're having trouble typing "agent" into the chat field.  mobile phone browsers generally work.  or use twitter per above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines