• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Close Adobe Account

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For months I've had problems with Adobe CC, having to sign in everyday several times with email security codes etc. Adobe support technicians have been inside my Windows PC around twelve times and failed to solve the problem.  My subscription renewal is due so my idea is to close my Adobe account and then start a new plan in the hope that this will get rid of the curse.   Is this a good idea?  And what precautions should I take, e.g. save Photoshop actions if possible. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Account, Payment, & Plan forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucian, I am sorry but creating a new membership is unlikely to resolve whatever software issues you are encountering.  

Please use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update your support case.  If the case has already closed, then you will want to begin a new interaction at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff ... thanks for responding.  I'm not sure why you say starting afresh would not solve my problem?  Adobe CC/ Photoshop are the only apps I have a problem with, so my PC seems to be working as it should.  Are you saying that if I download Adobe CC with a new account the new Adobe software would be faulty too?

I have a short time limit to act in.

Since Adobe support has already been inside my PC many times and failed to fix their software how would contacting them again do anything? 

Best wishes.

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also seems very unlikely to be that closing and reopening your Adobe account would help. This is surely a software fault, or problem with your PC, and it won't change the software or the PC. Plus, there will be a cancellation fee. Trying to prove it's a problem with the Adobe ID by saying other apps are OK, really doesn't hold water. (I am not playing down your serious problems, but trying to be realistic about fixing them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucian, like Test Screen Name, I have significant doubts that the difficulites you are facing are tied to the membership you are using.  Please continue working directly with our support team so that any unresolved errors can be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to you both. 

My current Adobe plan is due right now for renewal.  It is not woking, for months.  What I'm proposing is not to re-new my account but to START A NEW ONE. A new name, email address etc etc.  Simultaneously buy into a new plan. 

Plus currently I'm having to sign in via Google which I don't want to do.  I asked the support teams to change that but they said they couldn't because Google is a "default" setting.  Come on.

I've spent hours, I mean many many hours, trying to resolve this. It's kind of like Alice in Wonderland. 

Warmest regards

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you're proposing, and I see now you will not have a cancellation fee. I feel your urgent need to fix it, but multiple replies agree it is unlikely to help.

Changing user doesn't TOUCH the software. You sign out from one user and sign in as the other user. So it doesn't seem likely it will change. You could set up a new account (free plan) and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test Screen,

Again my thanks to you.  I do understand that you and Jeff are experts and I certainly am not. So given what you've both said I'll try Adobe support one more time. 

If that fails I'll try your suggestion of a free plan.  Failing that I'll come back here.

Byebye and thanks again.

Warmest regards

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing you are suggesting above will stop whatever problem you are having.

The problems you are havinng is with your computer and or the install files for the Adobe programs that aren't working properly. Starting a New Account will not solve thopse problems. 

This has been pointed out several time in other replies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Shoot Me

Thanks.  Adobe's own support staff have been inside my PC many times to solve this problem, and each time assured me they had fixed it ... although the problem remains.

E.G. You mention the install files.  Wouldn't Adobes technicians have spotted that?

So what's your suggestion?

Best wishes,

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're assuming this is a known problem with a simple solution someone will "spot". If it were that, the problem will be solved long ago. We don't know the cause, we are just suggesting, based on our experience and knowledge of this sort of thing, that cancelling your account is VERY unlikely to solve it. What it is, is an unknown issue inside your computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I'm assuming nothing ... except perhaps I'm paying rent on something that doesn't work.  I'm seeking a solution. 

Goodbye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're trying to avoid you wasting your time, and especially that you end up with another annual commitment to something that doesn't work for you.

I imagine customer service have looked at all the known issue, but I have one question for you: is there anything unusual about how your PC connects up. For example does it often change wifi? Does it use a VPN? Does it use some kind of add-on software to make it anonymous? Do you have "anti-tracking" software? Does the name change often? All of these could make Creative Cloud think you're on a new computer, so you need to sign in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines