• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Company Policies on Refunds and Subscriptions are Confusing and Exploitive

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know these types of comments often get billed as "Bad customer service" but let's not blame the people on the front lines.  Adobe has set policies around renewing and cancelling subscriptions that come very close to stealing to your money.  Multiple complaints are listed on BBB and across platforms.  Does it take a letter to the state attorney general in CA?  Press coverage on "Fleecing America" segment on NBC Nightly News?  The complaints I found are the same as mine: I thought I had cancelled my subscription but was billed anyway.  When I called, I was told that I could not get a refund and I could not cancel without a hefty cancellation fee.  In the middle of global pandemic when many companies are demonstrating greater flexibility in assessing fees, Adobe says "Oh, your hours got cut because of COVID? (Yes, I informed customer service.) We are laughing all the way to the bank."  One thing I've learned about artists when I was looking at Renaissance art in Europe, artists have an amazing capacity for revenge.  So, Adobe, don't be surprised if you see your company's likeness in one of Dante's levels of hell.  You deserve it for (at best) confusing subscription practices and (at worst) intentionally duping people out of their money.  (Don't be surprised if you see this posted a few other places online.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you buy a subscription... https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cry me a river... 

If you really don't understand the subscription terms which are very straightforward BTW, maybe you should ask a parent, teacher or adult friend to help.

How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
===============
Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

"Don't be surprised if you see this posted a few other places online."

Your threats are meaningless.  Adobe's got an experienced legal team that knows what they're doing even if you don't.

Goodbye and good luck to you in 2021!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines