• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Complaint regarding early cancellation fee

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you try to cancel you get charged £30 , how can a company rob so many folk where they just want to terminate. 

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do so many people sign a contract without reading?

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you enter your credit card number to buy a subscription... See this page for more information, including a highlited section from the subscription page https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/cancellation/m-p/12153645
-Purchasing FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Purchasing-FAQ-How-do-I-purchase-a-Creative-Cloud-members...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because this is not part of the headlines. You are robbing people. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you remember what it looked like when you signed up? This is the page and button you would have clicked:

creative cloud subscription and cancellation terms.png

The cancellation fee is mentioned there, and clicking on "Subscription and Cancellation Terms" right before "Agree and subscribe" will pop up the exact terms (4-5 short paragraphs) for the subscription you purchased:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not really a fee. You paid a discounted price every month because you agreed to an annual subscription. When you decide to break that agreement and cancel the contract prematurely you're asked to pay the difference between what you actually paid and what a monthly subscription would have cost you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good and interesting point. It gets at the gist of the cancellation fee, but is not entirely accurate. It it were, then nobody would ever have reason to go with the Monthly plan instead.

Example:

If you cancel an Annual plan after 2 months, you would owe 10 months left x 50% = 5 months fee.

If you cancel an Annual plan after 10 months, you would owe 2 months left x 50% = 1 month fee.

So it's kind of the reverse. The idea is the incentivize longer subscriptions (buying in larger quantity) by granting the discounted monthly price.

The breakeven point of which to select is at the six-month mark:

Creative Cloud Annual vs. Monthly Plan: Which Should You Choose?

So the Monthly plans do still have their place, as being more cost-effective for any duration shorter than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you're saying it's the reverse. That's exactly what I said. The yearly plan is cheaper (per month) than the monthly plan, to encourage people to go for it. You pay the difference when you cancel it.

If it were not the case no one would use the monthly option, as you could get a discounted price with the yearly subscription and just cancel it willy-nilly when you don't need it any longer.

At least you can cancel it. Many such subscriptions do not allow you to cancel prematurely and you have to pay the full amount you signed up for, no matter what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. I don't know the exact amounts, but it's possible the fee is slightly higher than the actual difference, to prevent people from "gaming the system".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @try67, you wrote: "When you decide to break that agreement and cancel the contract prematurely you're asked to pay the difference between what you actually paid and what a monthly subscription would have cost you."

The notion is right, but the math doesn't work out quite like that, per the example given above.

In other words, if you cancel an Annual plan after 2 months, you don't pay the difference between what a Monthly subscription would have cost for 2 months – it's more.

If you cancel an Annual plan after 10 months, you don't pay the difference between what a Monthly subscription would have cost for 10 months – it's much less.

Completely agree on Adobe's plans being structured so that not everyone selects Annual (i.e., Monthly still has its place and use), plus the fact that many other contracts don't give you any break at all if you cancel them early!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I see what you mean, and we agree, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed!

For customers, it should also be noted that any applicable fee is waived when changing from one Creative Cloud plan to another:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/change-plan.html

Something to keep in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not even using the Adobe- it was trial that I remembered trying to cancel - it only came to my attention recently that I was paying this on a monthly basis. Why do I have to pay for a service I am not even using? As I was tricked into using the trial. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're paying for the ability to use it. If you don't, that's your own problem. Like if you pay for a newspaper but don't read it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Janet35276763zq7q 

do you really think that "remembered trying to cancel" is the same as "canceling"?

anyway, for others:

make sure you're aware of the cancellation terms by selecting your plan type (at the top of the page here), https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

for info on how to cancel your subscription, this page describes the few steps involved, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

if you want to cancel but are unable to follow the steps described in the "how to cancel page", contact adobe support.

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same feeling, after 4 months of paying and not using that much my current plan, In my case I was using the Photoshop plan with 1TB and other stuff that I didn't use and paying $400 mxn(about 20 USD) and then I was going to be charged for the early cancellation something like 5 months of that subscription, here is what I ended up doing, as in the past I remember I was paying a cheaper subscription I searched by that($149mx - 7 USD) and switched to that in the option for changing your subscription, so I would pay less and if I try to cancel earlier before the annual commitment I should pay less as well.

In a few terms, before canceling your account, change your current subscription to the cheapest one you can find on Adobe plans https://account.adobe.com/plans 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before employing any subterfuge, contact adobe support and discuss your situation. they can be very understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're completely right, Thank you for the reminder, In fact, I'm going to contact Adobe support to see if this works out for both parties In the end I haven't used the service which is kind of expensive in comparison with the previous subscription I had, well, let's see how understanding they are...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultva2lvgvkblo1,

We checked the account info associated with this email ID. There is no subscription(active or cancelled) listed.

Please do not share any confidential info(email ID, bank details, etc) here.

You can contact our support team if you still have doubts. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Regards,

Shivangi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines