Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud plans- prices & features

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear users,

Get answers to all your questions about the plans we offer for Creative Cloud, prices, comparison between plans, and legal terms. 

Here is the link to our website for plans and pricing;

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

To know the difference between Lightroom(1TB), Photography Plan(20gb) & Photography Plan (1tb), see this: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/differences-photoshop-creative-cloud-photography.html

You might also find it useful to know the terms before purchase:

https://www.adobe.com/in/legal/subscription-terms.html

Do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance or questions. 

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THinking $10 a month is pretty cheap really. Costs less than going out for coffee twice in a month...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also too complicated for normal people. Why is it that normal people feel that they need the top professional tools to do anything at all? If you were learning carpentry, would you start by saying that the top professional tools are too expensive so you can't start? Why such entitlement?? There are apps aimed at everyone, at every price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the youth of today feeling entitled to whatever they want. It goes pretty much across the board. Like when they have no schooling or experience in a job other than "foolin around in photoshop in my basement a few times" and expect to start a designer job at $60k a year.(That's actually something I've witnessed...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHHhhhhh, but every once in a great while you may find a "Gem" within those parameters. It is usually someone who has never been exposed to any sort of discipline or self responsibility except to dive into the unknown with curiosity, fervor and undisciplined lust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooof, that entitlement jab really gets under my skin. You said in a previous comment something about $10 a month. My guy, the adobe creative cloud for non-students is 5 times that amount. Even a recent graduate hoping to go into the video / photo / design fields would have a difficult time shelling out that amount. How are you supposed to learn the necessary tools when they are too expensive to learn? There are no demo versions of any of Adobe's software, nor is there a one-time price to opt out of an indefinite subscription. But nope, "entitlement" is definitely the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, they are saing, when you are out of school, get the cheaper/free stuff to build up skill and get a job. Then get Adobe..kinda hard to do if said job doesnt pay a lot. 

I see it differently, if I am fresh out of school, OF COURSE I want to use adobe, becuase thats where the best experience is going to be gained and thats what potential employers will notice the most. But no, its becuase I feel entitled...yea thats it. 
No one is asking for the crap to be free...just affordable for most who want to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you might start with a free photo and video editor. As suggested above, Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements are also available for a one-time fee. From there, get some paid work using those tools (you probably won't make much, but it's a start)... then, use the money you've made to pay for Creative Cloud. Or, you consider the fact that you might need to spend money in order to make money. Seems like something a "normal" person would do. I'm sure you'll figure something out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A working creative who can't afford $600 pa for the tools of their trade is probably not a full time professional, at least not in the US and Western Europe.  Curiously we often hear from people that can't afford to upgrade Photoshop after they upgrade their  $5000 camera. No, people just expect software to be dirt cheap. Good job you aren't working in CAD for example, where the industry standard app is over $2000 per year.

So I won't stop defending Adobe's very reasonable prices. There are many other things that I might criticise, but the pricing isn't one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes other niche software is far more expensive, but adobe isn't that. It's insanely popular and widely used, which means it should get less expensive, not more expensive. Yet somehow prices keep raising. Also, when the option is either pay 600 dollars for everything or over 200 dollars for ONE app, clearly something is wrong. That's just gouging people for money. How anyone could defend a 9 billion dollar company overcharging people for basic software is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it will just have to be beyond you. No point restating our positions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscription models are trash. I refuse to purchase anything from companies that do this. Adobe products are the worst. Why would anyoneeeee buy adobe audition for 250 dollars a year when you can pay 200 dollars ONCE and have Logic FOREVERRRR.  Why would anyone pay 250 a year for an inferior program? 4 years of adobe audition....1000 dollars. WHAT. Logic is 200 dollars! I can't understand this madness.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not much like Photoshopt or Illustrator, but if you're looking for something like those, I recommend Krita, it's free and useful, and has a wide variety of brushes and tools, it works really well for me, and while creative cloud items may be better, Krita is as good as free drawing/editing softwares can get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old conversation. But anyone reading this should look into Affinity Designer, Publisher, and Photo. All really capable software. One time cost. And low, at that. Mark my words it will ultimately eat into Adobe profits. Side note, I also love how all these people are telling a 15 year old (original poster) to get a better or different job. Every attempt to self-aggrandize themselves. Of course it costs money to make software. But it would be more widely used were it not so expensive. More people being creative and learning, imagine that. But currently their prices justify your inflated importance because it serves as a barrier to others. Because really they could learn everything you know with a "for dummies" book. And you just couldn't have that. You sound like people explaining why a posh gym membership with a valet is needed and nobody should have a home gym.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may come as a shock for you:

There’s is a huge difference between someone who's read a "for dummies" book and someone with 10+ years of experience including a design degree. For years we’ve seen amateurs offering websites and logos for ridiculous fees, but creating a long lasting, sustainable identity is a long process which takes many other skills than managing an app. An app is just a tool. I can’t believe I have to state the obvious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So someone can't be self taught? I can point to numerous artists and designers who didn't do school for a particular topic. When the barrier to entry of creative outlets is minimal,  the world benefits. When self aggrandized try to prevent creativity by making it difficult for new people to learn, everyone suffers. How are you any different from a painter, photographer, or woodworker, musician...? Most other creative types embrace new people being inspired and don't justify why they need to wait to use their tools until they've "made it." But by all means, keep thinking you're special and nobody can learn things without following your path of life. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve hired designers over the past 20 years and it’s extremely rare that I’ve hired someone without a degree. The reason is that they have 4-6 years of exploring methods and creativity. Some of the best artists, musicians (usually in the classical field), woodworkers, fashion designers, and photographers have a degree or have been trained.

Would you hire a self taught architect, nurse or a plumber, or does lack of education only apply to designers?

It sounds to me as if you have some kind of complex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the one trying to defend Adobe and their ridiculous cost because it justifies my ego. I have no complex. 

And yes. It does not apply to more technical or regulated fields. Because there are strict rules and systems to understand with those fields. 

Nearly every musician who has had enormous cultural impact over human history,  not classically trained. Huge amounts of artists, same case. I'm not arguing against education. I'm saying it can have numerous paths. But I'm not the one treating it as solely a business concept. Art is creative before it is a business. The kid wants to learn to use the tools pros use. I encourage that. You're the type telling a 15 year old kid he can't. Who has the complex. 

Keep learning, people. Even if it's for your own interests and not some self justified position. You can be as good as anyone else. School or not. I find it funny that we're debating this on the internet which as a tool has put the entire world of education at your fingertips. You don't need a certificate. Get Affinity Designer. Which is just as good as Adobe. And learn and practice. Use the tool to expand yourself and don't listen to business people who make websites that compare themselves to plumbers or nurses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or worse, actually think they're artists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"don't listen to business people who make websites that compare themselves to plumbers or nurses. "

Not sure what that's supposed to mean or how it's relevant.  The opinions expressed in this public product forum are from fellow product users like you, not an Adobe spokesperson.

People who are not working in the industry, don't need industry-level tools yet.  Beginners should cut their teeth on free and low cost tools which are better for learning basic skills because the learning curve is not so steep. 

Insofar as Creative Cloud pricing goes, the All Apps plan is a veritable bargain compared to other industry-level software like AutoCAD and full Maya that cost several thousand dollars per product per year.  In contrast, the Creative Cloud works out to about $20 per title per year.  Big difference.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

And don't forget Adobe has a generous 60% discount program for eligible students & teachers. 

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/buy/students.html

Amateurs & hobbyists can get the Elements line of products  -- Premier & Photoshop Elements bundle  (approx $140, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

For photographers, there's the Creative Cloud Photography Plan, affordably priced at $10/month for 1 year subscription. That's far less than I spend on coffee & tea beverages.
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

So the next time someone says Adobe pricing is excessive, consider the source.  Either they're not looking at the big picture or they're not working.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree. There ised to be a creative version of the suite. It included After Effects, Photoshop and Premiere Pro and was around 250€ (270$) if i remeber correctly. I might have gottan a student discount, which underlines my point. I used that software for 5+ Years and never had an issue. Of course i couldnt get the newest features but i was a kid an these where my first steps in design. My work was pretty good and the element suite would have never been enough for me. I could have never paid the price that CC is now.. 20€ for the first year, maybe if i watched out for the money i was spending, but 30+€ in the second year.. no way. It takes 3+ years to graduate collage how is this one year helping anyone.. espaccialy if you want to master a tool!! I think this is a bad pricing structure. bring back a discounted Cretative Suite with Pr, Ps, Lightroom and After effects and get paying customers down the line. I know a lot of people who switch to Final Cut & Co..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I like about this post is that people are judging how this is coming from someone who is speaking from at least one valid point of view. This problem is also visible as a professional creative working in a third world country where their corporates question buying an adobe licence for internal use because of the cost to the company. We have to opt for cheaper alternatives that take a lot more time. But as it stands, we don't have a choice because of how adobe values bleeding creatives dry overvalue to affordability. Would like to add that this is just an opinion from experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More and more people are not happy with subscription software. Users are not happy with it. Eventually enough people won't buy it and other companies will see the opportunity. Remember Flash. If they want to gouge there customers see how they will remain customers. Although the worst company doing this is autodesk wth their subscription. Piracy is wrong but subscription prices like this is not the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is simply just damned expensive and the sooner we can be shot of pdf files the better - there's a huge hole in the market for an affordable option. The attractiveness of pdf has long since expired as they are easily manipulated. As for photoshop etc there are increasingly better options. Grrrrrrr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Two months ago I just want to try the trail and I used my school account, however it tells me I cannot cancel the plan. so it keeps charging me, I don't know how to contact my administer and who he is, so please help me cancel it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your admin is your school's IT dept. Please contact your school.  

You may phone Adobe customer service M-F, during normal business hours.
https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines