• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

credit card payment problems

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried contacting Adobe over chat to try and resolve this, but the chat applet just hangs each time I've tried it (tested in Safari and Chrome browsers on a 2013 Macbook pro running Mavericks) I've got a couple of messages from Adobe indicating that they couldn't take payment from my credit card.  Same credit card that they've been using for over a year.  I spoke to the credit card company, they say there is no problem with the card and that Adobe has not tried to take payment.  I got them to check twice, so they are 100% sure that this is the case.

There doesn't seem to be any point in re-entering the credit card details, it's a corporate credit card and nothing has changed.

I can't find a telephone number to speak to Adobe about this and the emails sent to me are from a "noreply" email address.

Help!  How do I speak to someone to find out what the problem is and fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 262 Replies 262
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paypal has it's rules to accept and process payments. If there are restrictions, they are with Paypal. Only restriction for Adobe is that you need to purchase "locally" (you can't use the US store of a European credit card). These are legal requirements (taxes) and to avoid credit card fraud in addition to be able to charge different prices according to the region you are located in.

However I found that contrary to former practise years ago, prices are very near to US prices in my region, abstraction made, that the prices shown here are as required with taxes and US prices are normally ex taxes.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a similar problem. I've tried to pay for Adobe CC around 8 times, with a card that works for all my other subscription services, but for some reason Adobe cannot process payment from it. I've already checked with my bank, and they're not blocking any transactions. I have more than enough money.
I've tried customer support, and you'd think that after years of dealing with this same problem (as I can see from this post) they would know what to do, but they don't seem to have any idea. They're very polite, but all they do is essentially the same thing I've been trying to do for so long, which is basically to input my card details into their system and wait for payment.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Charles+Nyiha  wrote

They're very polite, but all they do is essentially the same thing I've been trying to do for so long, which is basically to input my card details into their system and wait for payment.

Put it that way: thousands of customers are paying with credit cards and there is no problem. If there is a problem with your computer, having Adobe putting in the card details circumvents that source of trouble. If the payment gets refused by the credit card processing company it is out of the hands of Adobe. Adobe could change the processing partner... but when it works with thousands of different users...

May be you should try a different card, if you have a second one by hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried a different card...and Adobe isn't recognizing that one either.

Honestly, the problem seems to be on Adobe's side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe contacts you on this issue, please be careful. Only Adobe id's marked with the STAFF badge and the Adobe logo besides their name are Adobe people. Do not give sensitive information if there is a doubt on that.

I've asked Adobe to look into that. I suppose they contact you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

I have sent a PM to you. Please check & respond.

Thanks

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lars,

Please disable all firwall and antivirus and then try to visit adobe.com/gosecure and try to update your card information.

Thanks,

Nitesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, can't update my credit card information and the mothly payment is due in 3 days. The card is active (no probelems on the other sites), there is enough funds and the bank says that everything is in order on its side

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly the same problem. I 've tried 5-6 different cards from different banks, all are fine and succesfully charged the trial 1euro.

However never attempt to charge the whole ammount, and my banks reassure me that no payment attempt was made.

The support is really bad, assuring me that the billing error will 100% be gone in the next 24 hours (since 1euro was succesfully charged), but it hasn't.

I believe there is a bug somewhere, and while you update your credit card info, the system doesn't really update all the fields.

i've also made a thread here, without answer.

Cannot complete my subscription Payment. Very Angry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum with some Adobe staff participation. You need to contact Adobe on this subject directly:

Contact Customer Care .

Last time I tried contacting Adobe, I got an Agent immediately after validating the final question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problems today. Trying to purchase stock video with a company credit card. I managed to pay for and download the 1st clip without any issues. Subsequent attempts have been unsuccessful. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm facing the same problem as well, with the message of  "billing issue". Anyone could assist me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines