• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Perpetual license: Expired trial issue

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CS6 perpetual license.  My laptop's motherboard had to be replaced a couple of months ago.  After the replacement, every time I try to open Acrobat Pro X, I am prompted for my login and serial number.  When I enter these, I can usually open the document, but if I do not re-authenticate every 20 seconds or so, the program shuts down.  No updates or changes have been made to Acrobat for at least the last year.  Advice on how to get this working again?

I have browsed the forums for an answer, and many seem to focus on Creative Cloud issues.  The closest one to the problem I am experiencing is this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-pro-2017-have-perpetual-license-but...

The user mentions that an Adobe tech changed the settings for him.  But no further information...

Your help is much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described, after you replaced the motherboard of the computer you get the loging prompt to enter the serial number.

Would you mind sharing the version of the OS and the Acrobat X you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the application updates to its latest version. You may manually download the patch from the link - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html 

Note: Adobe Acrobat X is an old and EOL application. For more information please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-x-reader-x.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Acrobat Pro X 10.1.16

Windows 10 Pro version 21H1.

Thank you!

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manually reinstall Acrobat from disks or downloads? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The motherboard replacment did not affect software installations (other than the Adobe authentication issue).

I did not reinstall anything.

It was originally installed from downloads.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reinstall the software after running the Adobe CS/CC Cleaner Tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines