• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Early termination fee

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happened to need Lightroom for a week due to wedding photoshoot - apparently, decided to be a fair person as respectable photoshooters should, and made a really annoying mistake by purchasing the software. This bazaar culture Adobe is using to push you all kinds of options and additions with the software itself isn't the worst - but canceling the contract (which you cannot actually choose) is costing me now almost 60 euros, because it's an annual contract?? How ridiculous is this. [Remarks redacted by moderator, as per guidelines.]

- Ex customer.

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

7-day free trial, and after that you can cancel without penalty in the next 14 days

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

SOME programs are available Monthly https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Being-charged-for-a-full-year-when-i-m-on-month-to-month/td-p/10248222 - links and pictures
-the special Photography Plan is ONLY available on an annual plan, with monthly or 1 annual payment

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't Adobe offer a 30-day free trial period?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7-day free trial, and after that you can cancel without penalty in the next 14 days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in earth they would punish people with such penalties anyway? Such a weird approach, especially to reach new or temporary customers in limited need of the software. Nevertheless, my post was not necessarily a question, rather a statement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this thread to the appropriate forum '

"Account, Payment, & Plan"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mikko27084354p4r5 wrote:

Why in earth they would punish people with such penalties anyway? Such a weird approach, especially to reach new or temporary customers in limited need of the software. Nevertheless, my post was not necessarily a question, rather a statement. 

It's not a punishment. It's a contract term. You took an annual subscription, instead of a monthly subscription. Monthly subscriptions can be cancelled anytime, without a fee, but they are more expensive. When you take an annual subscription, you promise Adobe to pay a certain amount of money and Adobe need to provide certain resources in hardware, software and manpower. If you don't keep your promise, this means that part of that investment needs to be written off. This is standard busines practice. People just get surprised by this because they did not read the terms they committed to. Always read the terms, especially the cancellation terms, before agreeing on those terms. 

You can't expect companies to provide great tools without income. So, if you want to complain, complain, but stay fair. There is nothing wrong with a fair complaint.

When I recently took a subscription with Adobe, not only I checked off the conditions and terms, but I also got an e-mail where all the terms were repeated, including when Adobe would start charging me. When I cancelled (in time), I got an e-mail confirming the cancellation. I didn't get charged a dime. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lumigraphics wrote:

Doesn't Adobe offer a 30-day free trial period?

a long time ago... 

Only the Adobe stock plan comes with a 30 day trial, and that only for the 10 and 25 standard assets/month. And I think it is possible to ask for a 30 days Teams trial. With Teams you can't cancel anytime. You need to pay for your full year, when the subscription is on the road.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOME programs are available Monthly https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Being-charged-for-a-full-year-when-i-m-on-month-to-month/... - links and pictures
-the special Photography Plan is ONLY available on an annual plan, with monthly or 1 annual payment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most commercial wedding photographers use LR constantly in their professional work.  The thought of renting software for 1 month to do a single wedding shoot, seems highly suspicious.  It tells me that you are not a full-time wedding photographer.  More importantly, you probably shouldn't be doing this gig.   I hope the wedding couple knows what they're getting for the most important day of their lives.  😢

Just saying...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines