Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Explanation of pricing plans for Illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pricing for Illustrator is the following (quoted below this question). The monthly bill section is confusing me, is it suggesting that it is billed monthly, and at the end of the year it has costed me £239.64? Or is it suggesting me it will cost me £239.64 after my 7 day trial. (It is confusing me because both have written yearly, and there is a third option of £30.34 a month, named as monthly). Which option is the actual monthly one? And if it is the £19.97 one, why does Adobe charge £30.34 under a separate monthly option?

383d904cc621a8ffbd0434cd9919c992.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

OPTION 1: The yearly subscription price is a 12 month commitment and your rate remains the same for 12 months.  Your subscription renews automatically each year until you cancel.

OPTION 2: The month-to-month rental price is not guaranteed, it can go up at anytime.  But you can cancel anytime without penalty. 

If you only need Illustrator for a quick project, get the month-to-month rental.  If you need Illustrator for the forseeable future, get a yearly subscription (paid monthly or prepaid).

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may pay for a yearly plan all at once, or part each month... if you cancel early you pay one half of the remaining time

The monthly plan costs more but may be cancelled at the end of any subscription month with no extra fee

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OPTION 1: The yearly subscription price is a 12 month commitment and your rate remains the same for 12 months.  Your subscription renews automatically each year until you cancel.

OPTION 2: The month-to-month rental price is not guaranteed, it can go up at anytime.  But you can cancel anytime without penalty. 

If you only need Illustrator for a quick project, get the month-to-month rental.  If you need Illustrator for the forseeable future, get a yearly subscription (paid monthly or prepaid). 

Your online account

https://account.adobe.com/plans

===============
How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
===============
Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea, Product User & Community Expert
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're seeing 3 different plans.

kglad_0-1668370061986.png

on the left is the only monthly plan.  ie, you pay the most (per month) with this plan, but you can cancel any time with no penalty.  with the other plans, you'll encounter penalities or no ability to cancel before your one year term ends.  (explained below).

in the middle is an annual plan that you pay monthly. ie, you are commited for one year and if you try to cancel before the end of that year, you will be penalized (=1/2 the cose of the remaining months)

on the right is an annual plan that you pay once at the plan's start.  if you cancel before the year is over, no refund of the money you already paid.

bottomline: how long will you want to use ai?  if it's more than 7 months, pick one of the two annual plans.  if it's less than 7 months, pick the monthly plan.  if you don't know, make your best guess.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines