• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fraud credit card charges

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently discovered a charge of over $500 on my AMEX card for an Adobe product but big problem, I did not buy anything from Adobe!  I rang customer support and after an hour on the line, I was advised that someone under another name and email address but using my credit card number had charged a subscription for this amount to my card.

I asked for the name and product but they could (or wouldn't) not tell me who or what had made the purchase.  They did cancel the account so I won't be charged again but I am still out over $500.  They said speak to your credit card company - it is their responsibility.

So, I call AMEX and go over the whole story in detail and after a few weeks I get a letter saying the charge stands and it is up to Adobe.  Classic - Adobe blame AMEX and AMEX blame Adobe but I am still out $500.

When you go over the whole Adobe web site there is no way to complain about an issue like this.  No email address - no doubt because they don't want to talk about it.  Good source of revenue I expect.

How do I get someone to look at this for real and get my refund?

Thanks

Martyn Evans

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problem

If online support can't help you need to contact Adobe

Adobe, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA Tel: 408-536-6000 Fax: 408-537-6000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add that when my wife once had her Visa number stolen (we think by a 'skimmer' at a restaurant) that Visa cancelled the card number as soon as she reported the theft charges AND put the money back in her account

If your credit card company won't cover the theft... you need a different company

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would look into the laws in your state that cover fraudulent credit card charges and the responsibilities of the cardholder and the card company.

When my card was skimmed, my credit card company reversed the charges when I notified them.
It is their policy to do so if notified within 30 days and it may also be state law.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think American Express has short time limit on fraud claims -- within 30 days of the purchase.

Typically they require the cardholder to sign a sworn affidavit under penalty of perjury that you or a friend/family member never authorized the charge.  From there, they send it to law enforcement for investigation.

If you didn't dispute the charge immediately, you probably have no recourse with them.  Unfortunately, Adobe can't help you because they are the victims, too.  You should contact your local law enforcement agency.  I would also cancel that American Express account immediately.  Whoever has access to your card # could keep using it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines