• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fraudulent Payment

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In May and June 2020 I had four separate payments, totalling CA$267.26 made to my Credit Card for Adobe purchases, all of them fraudulent as I have no Adobe account.  I queried the payment with my bank and they told me to contact Adobe.  I contacted Adobe in July who agreed that the payments were fraudulent as the name, address and email attached to the payments did not correspond with mine.  They gave me a case number, ADB13957979T1K3 and told me that these amounts would be credited to my credit card.  It is now October and I still have not received the money.  I spoke to an Adobe accounts agent again who told me that I needed to ask the bank to investigate and return the money.  This I did, but my bank only investigates 120 days back, so now that it is over 120 days, they can't do anything.  I have been back to the Adobe support agent, but told there is nothing that can be done. I was not told to contact my bank in July 2020 when I first reported the incident to Adobe, I was told it would be returned to my credit card. So as I see it, Adobe conveniently gets to keep the CA$267.26.  There must be some alternative way that this can be resolved, with some justice done in this case. Please can you advise?

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Sorry, this is a public forum, nobody here can return your money
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect dire

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is a public forum, nobody here can return your money
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already spoken with an agent on 3 different occations and was told to come to this forum by the last agent, so I've tried in the hope of getting my issue resolved.  Clearly not the right place, but I didn't seem to have an option. I was given bad infromation from my first call with an agent back in July and no one now from Adobe seems to want to take responsibility for that advice, but is happy to keep my money.  I am willing to donate the money to charity, but I do not want this bad practice to continue and want the issue resolved.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is too old to reply to, but I have been charged a few times and have no active account. I started a dispute with my bank, but I wanted to contact someone to find out what's going on. The chat is useless since it's not a real person, and I tried getting the phone number but it won't give it to me unless I have an active subscription! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Contacting Adobe is not going to solve this issue. They are just charging the credit-card number that was given to them. And since the account is not under your name they won't share with you any details about it. If your card is being used fraudulently then you need to take it up with your bank or credit-card company. Anyway, if someone stole your CC number they would probably use it for other things too, not just for a subscription with Adobe, so it's best to solve the problem at the root.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but when you first contacted your bank and or CC company you should of simply files a Dispute of charges and worked it out with them.

I have had to do that with both my Amex card and one other bank mastercard. In both cases the money was credited back to me and they, the bank, cc company, Amex handled it from there.

I did need to get a New CC number.

It seems to be a little late to start complaining about it now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines