• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

getting help

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to access any Adobe product for a week now because they don't seem able to update my email address and keep putting the wrong one in the "verification" box. I have spent nearly two hours on the phone, emailed and everything I can think of but nothing gets done. I haven't been able to work without InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat. Does anyone have any tips about how I can actually get support and a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

You may (or may not) be interested to hear that this morning I started again via the chat line. It took two hours, for some of which one of the technical team took over my computer remotely which was scarey! – but finally succeeded in getting my access to applications back without resorting to a new subscription. What a saga – completely unnecessary, could have been sorted days ago, but I am so glad to be functioning again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you've been in touch with support. Is this Adobe's official support? What did they say about it? What number did you call? I am asking partly because there is a sinister web of FAKE Adobe support teams who pretend to help, while actually trying to scam you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called 020 7365 0735 which I got off this forum. It seems official to me, and they follow up with equally unhelpful emails. They tell me what to do and I do it and tell them it doesn't work and they say it has been escalated to the technical team and then nothing. They have even given me two months's free subscription which is all very well but I still can't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got that phone number where off these forums?

Personally I have never seen that number before "AND" it has one extra number that I have never seen.

020 (Country Code? or Area code?) 7365 (should only be 3 numbers).

AFAIK Adobe's actual support phone # starts with 800 or something similar (866, 888).

Where are you inputting this incorrect email address? Did you use the Wrong, entered improperly, email address when buying the subscription?

Or just when Signing in to the CC desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't remember exactly where but it works – I am sure I reached Adobe because I was put through several departments and they emailed me in response. 020 7365 is a perfectly normal London exchange (sometimes wrongly written as 0207 365).

If you know a better number please please tell me because I couldn't find one!

I am not inputting a wrong email address, Adobe are. I told them correctly and they have spelled it wrong in the "verification box" and seem incapable of correcting it. They have admited it's their problem by suspending my subscription till January as a gesture. But they still haven't sorted it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I, and it seems others, are Not understanding your question and responses.

You Signed up for an Adobe subscription when, recently (the other day)? Or a while ago?

Or you have had a subscription and you want to change the Primary email address for that subscription AND YOUR ADOBE ID?

You can do all that on your Account page on the main Adobe website.

Did you do that? What went wrong if you did try that?

You really need to explain exactly what you are doing, where you encountered a problem, what caused that problem (your mistake?) and why you felt calling Adobe would help you solve whatever problem you are having.

Normally the only way to contact Adobe for individual subscribers is through the Chat system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.  I signed up for the subscription a year ago. During that time I had to change my email address but didn't think to let Adobe know. The first I knew was when the year was up (a week ago) and my subscription was due for renewal, and Adobe couldn't identify me (because the old email doesn't exist) so my subscription was in effect ended and I was prompted to try the "trial". When I rang Adobe (on the number I've told you) it became clear what had happened and I changed my account page, no problem (it now shows the correct email address). I followed all their instructions to the letter but whatever I did, when I try to open Acrobat or InDesign or Photoshop I get a panel saying "verify your identity: enter the code we just sent to ...) followed by my email address spelt wrong BY ADOBE not me, or "Cannot handle the request because a modal dialog or alert is active". So I never receive the verification code because it doesn't come to my email address. So then InDesign or whatever shuts down and I can't use it. 

Adobe admits it's their fault – that's why they've given me two months' free subscription till January. But they can't seem to put it right.  

Feel free to ask, but I can't see how to make it clearer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post was moved over from the "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

Account, Payment & Plan.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start over.  I think you need a new subscription with a new ID and password.  Cancel the one you have now because it's messed up and ask the agent to waive any cancellation fees for you.

Call Adobe M-F, during normal business hours.  Ask for a supervisor.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may (or may not) be interested to hear that this morning I started again via the chat line. It took two hours, for some of which one of the technical team took over my computer remotely which was scarey! – but finally succeeded in getting my access to applications back without resorting to a new subscription. What a saga – completely unnecessary, could have been sorted days ago, but I am so glad to be functioning again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted out.

I suggest in the future you get an email address that Will Not Change. Like one from Google or MS, if that exists, or even Apple.

I gave up using either employers or Internet Providers email addresses for my Personal use many years ago. You  never know when that job will end or when you will change internet providers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines