• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Got charged for free account which I cancelled after 4 days.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says.

When I contact support in my country and mention the issue and a refund of my stolen money they hang up the phone. 

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe support will disconnect if you become abusive, or they've explained the reason something was done and have no more to offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime they tell me I should stay on the phone while they sort things out for my refund and they go absent. Everytime. And no matter how long you wait, they will not come back. 

Are you assuming I became abusive, or they've explained the reason something was done and have no more to offer? If so, this was not the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums. i have no idea what you do on your phone calls.  i was stating what could explain the disconnects. but that was before you made it clear these are accidental disconnects.

if there are obvious phone glitches, re-try contacting support, and at the beginning, ask the support person if there's a way to continue the conversation, in case, there's another disconnect.

or, even better, use chat (which gives you a case number, in case of disconnects):

use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com....

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

They go absent from the phone everytime the refund comes up. After many phone calls of different employees doing the same thing. They are not phone glitches, they just go absent, everytime, at the same point of the conversation. I even asked them to please not go absent this time and they go absent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the implicit message is there's nothing they can do.  but i think it's rude to do that. 

if i were in adobe's position and there was nothing that could be done and i wanted to terminate the discussion, i would say "i'm sorry there's nothing (more) i can do. i'm going to disconnect now".  then disconnect.

try again, using chat.  that way you would have a record of the conversation.  you could post that conversation here and we could get a better idea of exactly who is saying what to whom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, I am sorry you are encountering problems canceling your membership.  I reviewed the account you used to post to this public discussion forum, and I don't see an active membership or any recent interactions with our support team, including via chat.

If you have questions about your recently canceled Illustrator membership, then please use a different device to contact our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen 

If you need to cancel your membership on a different account, then see https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html for information on how to complete the cancellation process.  Make sure to log in under the account associated with that membership if you have questions about the billing or canceling the membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, 

The fact that you don't see an active membership does not mean much for me, as I have still been charged. I'll contact the help you suggested and if that won't help I will ofcourse issue a chargeback via my bank. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if @Jeff A Wright (and adobe employee) didn't see an account, that means your screen name doesn't match an account screen name. 

if your screen name now is the same as the screen name associated with account you cancelled after 4 days, it means your credit card has been compromised, and you don't just have an adobe problem.  you need to notify your bank.

otoh, if @Johan26447771wqjm might not be the same as the screen name associated with your trial, then you should post the screen name you did use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I only have 1 email address registered with adobe. In that email I also received my confirmation of cancellation. It is the same email address that I use to login to reply to your message. 

My creditcard compromised? Again you seem to like making assumptions. You really think somebody would compromise a creditcard just to buy a trial of adobe and then cancel it? For what exactly?

The fault lies with Adobe and if they don't want to do anything for me at all, I am forced to make a chargeback. I am dissapointed in the service of an otherwise fine company.

My order

Johan26447771wqjm_1-1665570229803.png

My cancellation confirmation (4 days later).

Johan26447771wqjm_0-1665570184242.png

My order cancellation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you didn't address the point of my message: what's the adobe screen name (= the name shown in these forums = eg, kglad for me) associated with the account you believe adobe failed to cancel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad,

You can see my screenname. As I mentioned before I only have 1 email address with Adobe. It is the one I am logged into right now, in this account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you have no adobe account (or @Jeff A Wright made an error).  ie, you successfully cancelled.

did you ask support if your refund is being processed?  (ie, it's not instant.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend, support does not respond anymore once I mention the word refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did they ever say your refund was being processed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, I am sorry, but who are you contacting? I still see no interactions under the account you used to post to this public discussion forum.

Please use a different device and click on https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen to begin a secure chat session with our support team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean by chat function? There is none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Johan26447771wqjm to open the chat, your browser must allow cookies and popups.

if you have trouble setting your browser, try a different browser.  or use phone or twitter.  (but if you use chat, you'll have a written record of the exchange and possibly @Jeff A Wright can see that exchange.

but first, can you answer @Jeff A Wright's question.  what exactly were you doing (or using) to contact adobe?

(i believe he's not only trying to help you, but also track down where the problem lies that required so much of your time and effort.)

phone: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter: tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A pop-up window shows up in the bottom right-hand corner of the page, Johan.  The browser settings or security software is likely actively blocking you from contacting us.

The experience available at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen works on desktop and mobile devices.  Additional contact options are listed in the chat window if you want to contact us via telephone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

There is help chat pop-up opening anywhere, I don't have an ad-blocker on.

I have talked to Adobe on the phone already and everytime I mention a refund they go absent. Everytime. 
It seems like there is nothing you can do for me. I have been charged a second time now, even though I don't even have a subscription. So that will be 2 chargebacks. And if you don't sort this out, I will have to keep making a chargeback every month. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: There is not a help chat pop-up opening anywhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, use a browser that allows cookies and popups.  use a different browser if you can't figure out how to change your current one.

or use the phone (again) or twitter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried 2 different laptops, 3 different browsers and my phone and there is no such help function as you described. I'm done dealing with Adobe, I don't have time for this nonsense. I'm handling it via my bank now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

help is available, but in your part of the world there may a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines