• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Guess what, it's another cancellation with no fees post

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked on the forum and I can see a post from adobe stating that if you cancel within 14 days of the subscriptions renewing you won't be charged cancellation fees. So then why, when I go to cancel, it says it is about to charge me £137?

I'm currently also on hold (1 hour 6 minutes and counting) to talk to a human about it but we all know how adobe can be about that...

I just want to stop the payment for the mistaken renewal, and then cancel my account. I'm another innocent getting caught in the adobe no customer support crossfire!

Anyone know a route of success for sorting this or will it forever haunt the forums as people hit up against it every day?

Thanks

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

This space is provided by Adobe, but it is not Adobe support
Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problem
This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-you MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This space is provided by Adobe, but it is not Adobe support
Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problem
This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-you MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
- or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. I've switched off my VPN which enabled me to see the chat link in bottom right of screens when on adobe.com (incase anyone else is sitting there wondering what chat everyone is using because they can't see it for the same reasons).

I've successfully had my subscription cancelled and there's no fee. BUT:

- I had to argue it out concerning renewal dates for anniversaries being as valid as initial contract starts by citing this adobe post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan-discussions/cancel-subscription-faqs/td-p/118857...

- I had to then argue against them mis-citing my renewal date because I had an adobe email citing it as being a month later that I was happy to screenshot and share if they'd had a facility.

- I wasn't able to get the sub monthly charge back that I'd been charged two days ago though, so I lost £25. But that's better than paying £137 to cancel.

Whilst the staff do have lots of ways of making you change your contract, stay with them, take their word for you not being able to cancel etc...so long as you contractually have a right within the 14 day window like me then you should politely and firmly argue your case with evidence. You can't blame them for following their script for avoiding the charge but if you've got the right, fight for it.

Good luck all in a similar position!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction update, they've just sought approval for a refund for the £25 as it had only been 2 days. I guess if you're trying to get refunds and avoid cancellation fees several months in, then my experience isn't going to be relevant to yours. But sometimes they might go the extra mile if you're polite!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But sometimes they might go the extra mile if you're polite!

By @Elizabeth224346901ufq

Unfortunately, many of those who contact support (not just Adobe support, but any support network) don't realize that.  We see many folks on the forum who are frustrated and lose their temper.  They forget that they are dealing with real people and shoot themselves in the foot by being belligerent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Honey catches more flies than vinegar.  That's for sure!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines