• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hacked and credit card used

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my adobe account was hacked and someone cancelled my personal account and created an enterprise account and charged my visa on file for one month plus 5 adobe stock purchases. I contacted enterprise customer support and they cancelled the adobe enterprise account and one of the adobe stock purchases. They were also able to reinstate my personal account but I had to pay a full new month when I just recently renewed my previous monthly bill only 15 days prior. I suspect the other 4 had not been posted to my account yet as they could not look them up to refund (I called within 10 minutes of the transactions authorized on my visa - thank goodness for visa alerts!!). I can now see the 4 invoices on my account billing history and will contact support about it tomorrow for the refunds. I want to know HOW was someone able to access my account and do this. The customer support I spoke to was not able to answer this. I have since updated my password but this is a complete breach of privacy and puts my credit card at risk. The organization "MasterTech" is still tied to my personal account now and I cannot remove this. I would like this completely removed from my profile so it is not accessible again and somehow activated. Has anyone else recently experienced their accounts being compromised or credit cards on file being used?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this will be better in Account, Payment, & Plan. 

As for the hacking, I'm not sure what to tell you other than continue working with Adobe Customer Support. You might also want to contact your bank to get your card canceled and reissued.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.

* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines