• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEADS UP - May Have to Wait a Week for Refund!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will NOT refund your money before at least 5 days and posssibly up to a week or more - I'm still waiting.  I have been a loyal Adobe customer since Aldus in the 80s; nearly 40 years now. I misread my auto deductiion date by a few days - my fault - and had $641.87 auto deducted from my bank account on Sept. 15th. NOTE: I normaly receive a huge discount for being a long time customer but was auto charged the full amount.

Long story long (sorry) - I immediately began requesting a refund (there is a 14 day guarantee) on Sept 15. I have either called or chatted with customer service every day since and have each time been assured that the money has been credited to my bank - not just credited on Adobe's end. That is simply not true. Today is the 20th and we have been missing $641.87 from our bank account since that time and still - my bank has no record of Adobe having sent the money. I can't imagine that the small amount of interest Adobe makes on $641.87 could possilby be more critical than the over $640 missing from our bank account; however, I suppose that really adds up when you consider how many customers this may be happening to. We have literally been having to borrow money to eat and feed our pets for 5 days now. We have also had multiple fees occur at our bank. Not that Adobe cares - but I thought it might matter to those of you who are as strapped for cash as we are.

I think it is important for people to know that IF you miss cancelling your plan/s before your auto subscription date (which CAN NOT be stopped) - OR - IF - you for whatever reason need a refund - you could very likely be out of quite a bit of money for at least 5 days (so far) and possilbly up to a week or more (according to customer service).

You will likely need to file a claim with your bank.

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've heard the refund can take between 5-10 days, although I don't know if that's the official word. It does seem to be the case for a lot of companies, though, which I find very annoying since it doesn't take them more than a split second to take the money OUT.  No doubt there's paperwork involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines