• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

How do I enable TOTP 2-factor authentication for use with 3rd party app (e.g. Google authenticator)

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to enable 2-factor authentication on my Adobe account but using TOTP that is supported by many 3rd party apps (Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, password managers, etc.). I use my password manager to manage all of my TOTP 2-factor authentication. I do not want to have to use and manage the Adobe Account Access app for just this one single account. I see several references of this being supported for the Adobe account:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/x-productkb/global/2-step-verification-account-security.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/2-step-verification-account-security.html#another-method

but my account settings page is missing the option to enable this type of 2-factor authentication. I only have the options for the Adobe Account Access app, email, and SMS/phone text. How do I enable 2-factor authentication for use with 3rd party TOTP apps?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, you can't. It's a bloody nuisance, but the only 2FA that works with Adobe is Adobe's. 

I've got something like 4 or 5 authenticator apps because everyone either uses one that's home grown or uses one of several available.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is just ridiculous. I have 732 items in my password manager. Let's say that only half of those are actual passwords for sites (its more than that), and let's say that a quarter of those support 2-factor authentication (again it's more than that), then that would be I would need 183 apps to authenticate to each site. That is just plain ridiculous and unsustainable. Adobe should be using industry standards, like the other major tech companies do, instead of creating their own app. This is such a nuicance. Even worse, they refer to the ability to be able to use such apps in the above two links I referenced, but then don't give you the ability to actually enable it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RojmaE, i think we all agree.

but these are user-to-user forums.  make your feelings known to adobe.

for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there are no Adobe representatives that monitor these forums? This is just user based held? I love how Adobe farms off their support to the user community. Thanks for the tips though. I will make sure I let my feedback known to them.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sometimes.  but none that have any more sway than you regarding this topic.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines