• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get Customer Support?

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a long time customer - since Aldus PM 1.2.  I have a paid-for version of ID 4.  Adobe lost my account - just because it was from 2008 doesn't mean that it should have been deleted without warning.  

I just went through a customer service chat/email where they were going to help me update to a ID 6 because my computer is "too old" to run the current version. 

1. The program he sent me a link to downloaded, but WOULD NOT INSTALL. The instructions were minimal.

2. I can't respond to the customer support email becuase the "case is closed". The case isn't closed until you actually have SOLVED MY PROBLEM. 

3. When I went to my online account, it AUTOMATICALLY installed a trial version of the most recent one.  I'm not paying another $1200 to get the new version. 

4. Since it installed the TRIAL version, I CAN'T GET THE CHATBOT to connect me to a real human being. 

I will try calling, but at this point, I do NOT understand why I can't get the chatbot to RESUME MY CASE.  I have a case number.  

HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ellen J,

I don't think Adobe provides support over email, where did you get the email from? Please verify it, to make sure you are not being scammed by some imposter. As you already know CS4 has been discontinued, Adobe support staff does not provide support for it anymore there are lots of people on the forum who do testify to that so this raises the suspicion more. Anyhow, to contact a human via tha charbox you should type AGENT in the chatbox and that should get you through to a actual person.

P.S. :- Be absolutely sure that you are talking to legitimate Adobe guys before installing anything sent by them.

I will move this discussion to accounts forum for better help.

-Manaa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are CERTAINLY talking to spammers. Adobe do not offer updates to CS6 or anything else out of date, only subscriptions. Nothing at $1200. Be very careful and check what you already told them. If you have a credit card, cancel it. If you gave access to your computer, wipe and rebuild it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering it was the Adobe Chat that connected us in the first place, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a scammer.  

Wasted yet another hour chatting with Customer Suppoert, and it turned out he wasn't Technical support, and couldn't help me.

I wish ID 4 worked in High Sierra.  Worked perfectly in Sierra.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$21 per month x 12 months x 5 years? About $1200.  I'm just using it because Word is such a pain. And because all my past writing files are in PageMaker or InDesign.  I'm not making any money using it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I understand your frustration, there is nothing anyone can do.

Only two suggestions I have are to find an old Mac on eBay or start looking for an alternative program to do your writing. You can't keep upgrading hardware and operating systems and expect your old programs to run troublefree.

You're certainly not going to get any support on this from Adobe--CS4 is more than 10 years old and completely unsupported--so save yourself the frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, after a few tries, and a week of interative installation steps, I seem to have managed to get the software installed and registered. 

3 chats, each over an hour, with tech service agents who didn't have a clue how to help me. 1 hour phone call.  The only help was the first chat, when the agent sent me a link to download the software I needed, without ANY instructions on how to install it or register it. 

I figured it out. 

It's (currently) working. 

Once I've converted my files to PDF or Word, it's good by Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines