• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How much will I be charged if I cancel my monthly charge now?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to sign up for creative cloud for a short course i've been taking.  When I signed up I think it told me a date that I could cancel the yearly (monthly paid) subscription by and not be penalised.  Is there a way of seeing that again?  Basically I don't mind paying a month, but I really don't want to pay any more than that if I can help it as this course finishes before the month is out.  

Anywhere I can check how much I will be charged and when I need to cancel by?? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks yeah, I guess I was wondering what it meant by "If you cancel more than 14 days after your initial purchase, your payment is non-refundable and MAY be subject to a cancellation fee.".. 

Leaves it a little open to interpretation doesn't it 🙂 

I think I may have messed up as I started an annual sub on the 14th March.. which seemed to take my payment straight away, so I missed the 7 day free trial, and now I would have to cancel on the 28th March to avoid the cancellation fee.. I think? 

I really only need premiere for about 2-3 days after this so I wonder what I should do.  Hmm! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just charged $80 to cancel. I guess no groceries this week. I'm beyond broke. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Hope27793685vgaz 

there are ways to lessen or negate the cancellation charge.  what are the details of the early cancellation charge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally went past my trial period. Went to cancel and the fee was
$79.99. I don't want to see that on my credit card anymore. I just want
out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that didn't give enough information to help you. so contact adobe support and do your best.  there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to see your plan and dates here:

https://account.adobe.com/plans

Then this guide should help walk you through the rest:

What You Should Know Before Canceling Your Adobe Trial or Subscription

Hope that answers your questions; if not, then just post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that reply.  That is quite helpful.

It seems my billing period started on 14th March, but it seems I never got the 7 day trial, as this was the first day of my course (and when I realised I needed access to Premiere).  

Now i'm not 100% sure what to do, as it seems I would need to cancel before the 28th March to avoid paying the cancellation fee, but ideally I need premiere until the 31st March.  Do you know if there is any leeway on the cancellation fee at all?  It seems really hard to get in touch with adobe about this sort of thing.. 

I wonder if I could swap my sub to a different one like they mention in that second article you mentioned.. it doesn't seem that clear when looking at the account section as to whether that method will actually work or not.  

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cancellation fee is 50% of what's left in the current year you sign up for. If you cancel in the 12th month there is no fee. After that it renews for another year. It's always cheaper to pay the fee than to run to the end of the year. 
In future consider taking a month-by-month subscription. These cost a lot more but there is no penalty to cancel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Test Screen Name. If you only need the tools for a relatively short time (like when taking a course, as you mention), then the best solution is to cancel or switch your current Annual plan within the 14-day refund period.

What you really want now is a Monthly (pay month-to-month) plan. That costs more compared to the Annual plans, but you can cancel at any time with no early termination fee. Here are the pros and cons:

Creative Cloud Annual vs. Monthly Plan: Which Should You Choose?

You can keep the same account and all the same tools installed on your system. All that changes is the subscription term that you've committed to.

Bottom line, the Monthly option gives complete flexibility and is designed for your stated use. You can then restart at any time in the future should you need to access the tools again for any period of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines