• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert personal to school account?

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am new to this and I signed in using my school email. This made it into a personal account when infact I need to be a school account to recieve the creative suite. How would I convert this? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Your school's IT dept needs to set up an account and package for you ahead of time with which you log-in to your school's plan.  You choose which plan you want to access by logging-in with the correct ID and password for that plan  -- assuming one is set up for you.

Contact your IT dept admin for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

This topic is now THREE years old...with multiple users asking different questions [sigh]. 

To avoid any further confusion, I invite all users to contact Adobe Support by online chat or phone for assistance with their account.  This user-to-user community can't help you with an account problem. Sorry.

With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below.
https://account.adobe.com/plans

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Ch

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your school's IT dept needs to set this up ahead of time and give you an appropriate ID and password to log-in with.

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click the gear icon > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar (top right image).
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with the ID and password that your IT dept told you to use.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! Did you find an answer? I have thousands of pics on my personal, but my school offers free Adobe! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have students in this exact same position. Logged in with their school email (which is what they were supposed to do) but for some reason it went to a personal account. They never got the screen to pick between personal/work/school. Any sort of resolution on this? I get no answer from district tech "support"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your school's IT dept needs to set up an account and package for you ahead of time with which you log-in to your school's plan.  You choose which plan you want to access by logging-in with the correct ID and password for that plan  -- assuming one is set up for you.

Contact your IT dept admin for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all you have to do is log out of adobe then log back in and select the school/business option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have an actual answer? We are looking to convert the same account from personal to school account, not simply sign into a different one . . . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No but I still have the same issue as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Caleb25712923q3vf and @Silas25875210o56l,

Impossible to convert an individual plan to an Enterprise Plan.  Sorry. 

To access the school's plan, contact their IT dept for access. They will give you a school log-in ID and password to use.

Cancel your individual annual plan when it's nearly due to expire, in the 12th month before it auto renews.  Cancelling early will incur an early termination fee of 50%.

How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
===============
Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

If you have futher account or billing questions, contact Adobe below.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....

@Nancy OShea Giving the same "answer" over and over is ridiculous. It is obvious the question is being mis-interpreted. When signing in and getting the prompt for "is this a personal or company/school account" - what do you do to change this if the wrong option was selected initially....?

I believe @Alex25528120npkv has the best answer for the original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the question posed is clear and the answer is you cannot "convert" accounts.  

now, it's possible the op didn't mean to ask that question (and it's clear that the op's question is not your question), but you might think it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This topic is now THREE years old...with multiple users asking different questions [sigh]. 

To avoid any further confusion, I invite all users to contact Adobe Support by online chat or phone for assistance with their account.  This user-to-user community can't help you with an account problem. Sorry.

With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below.
https://account.adobe.com/plans

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

[Discussion locked by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines