• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to tell the difference between pirated subscriptions!

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a subscription on a shopping site, and after a few days of use, I received an email from Adobe telling me that fraudulent activity was detected on my account, Adobe canceled my subscription, I contacted online customer service, and the anti-piracy department told me Me, the code I'm using is unpaid, WTF? I can redeem normally, can you remind me that the code I used is not paid? Then I reported to their anti-piracy customer service the store that sold me the code with a problem, but when I posted, those stores were still selling the code, I was confused! How can I distinguish?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that email looks suspicious.

check with adobe directly: using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pirates keep changing, so they can keep stealing. Sometimes Adobe see on the first day that there is a problem, sometimes it is months or even years until they are blocked. Often the thieves set up a subscription with stolen credit card, and it stops when the real cardholder notices the charge. Horrible. The pirates may have your card, so watch your statement very carefully !! Reporting to the pirates that their code is stolen does nothing useful. They know.

I recommend buying from Adobe only. There is nobody cheaper, bargains are therefore a scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which store or shopping site did you purchase from? There are many fakes out there, so take it back up with the store...

Since they sold it to you, they need to prove that it's legitimate. What do they say about it? Can you get your money back?

The bottom line is that if you bought an Adobe subscription from any store site whose name isn't well-known or that you don't recognize, then it's likely to be fake.

The old saying applies: "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is..."

As for why the site would still be selling counterfeit software after you reported it to Adobe, that's because it's difficult to shut those places down. They are usually offshore somewhere and unfortunately out of legal reach. The best Adobe can usually do is get them removed from Google search results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you can't tell fakes from the real thing.  Experts can't tell fakes from the packaging alone.  It all comes down to the serial number. 

If you bought illegal software either knowingly or unknowingly, you have no recourse with Adobe  -- they didn't take your money.  Buyer beware.

The best you can do is file a complaint with eBay (or whatever shopping site you purchased from) and notify PayPal or your credit card company.

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query here.

Adobe runs tests on Adobe apps to check for any tampering or invalid licenses. When such issues are discovered, notifications are sent along with options to resolve the issue. If you or someone in your organization gets a notification, it means that the app on that machine isn't a genuine Adobe app.

Please contact the Seller for arranging a refund for the non-genuine software. 

Also, please report your bad experience to Adobe Genuine Team by filling in the details at: https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?idx=AGSBBD 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines