• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I do NOT want to auto-renew for another year!

Engaged ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want to auto renew my current Cloud subscription.

I feel pressured into buying it in the first place and here is why:

I was using Design Premium CS4 When Adobe suddenly says that you couldn't upgrade from CS4 to CS6 anymore. (Remember that people?). So I stupidly believed that and bought the CS5.5 upgrade instead because it was on sale. My plan was to just buy the upgrades when they were on sale. Otherwise apparently I would have to buy a completely new license if I didn't keep up!

Then the aggressive Creative Cloud advertisements came along.

"Hurry up before the introduction price expires in august 2012!". (A year later and its still going on.)

Sigh... Looking back at that I am such a gullible idiot. But no more. I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to continue with Adobe and their continued lies upon lies upon lies. I am absolutely disgusted with Adobe's 'marketing' strategy. And with Shantanu Narayen, President and CEO of Adobe at the top of the company I fear it will only get worse. Just listen to the man speak and you'll know...

And that in a nutshell is why I will NOT be pressured into continuing with this scheme.

If Adobe goes back to perpetual licences I would strongly recommend Adobe to offer reasonable upgrade prices to all the people that they have scammed into this Cloud scheme. I would call Adobe's behavior in dealing with customers CRIMINAL!

"Your membership will renew on August 30, 2013"

So if an Adobe employee could stop my account from auto-renewing on August 30, 2013 that would be lovely.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Hi Jeff

You will be able to cancel your membership after payment for the 12th month has processed - see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cancel-membership-subscription.html

If you have any issues with this, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist you.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

You will be able to cancel your membership after payment for the 12th month has processed - see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cancel-membership-subscription.html

If you have any issues with this, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist you.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is very difficult for me because I´m from south america and my english is not good. I have already done a suscription for a year (since december 22, 2014) but I want to cancel it. Adobe InDesign is not working, it has a few problems until I´m working, and the same happens with Photoshop. I´m not pleased and I can´t do the cancellation process, it doesn´t work, there is an only option to contact with someone but who?  How can you help me?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Capitalism at it's finest. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckily you have CS5.5, so you have the option of upgrading to the CS6 version instead of going to CC.

Upgrade.png

Assuming you are located outside Europe, you can upgrade to the perpetual license for $ 525. One additional year of CC would cost you $ 600 and at the end of that year you are left with empty hands. You can't even access your own copyrighted material any longer.

One thing is not clear to me, but maybe one of the staff can answer that.

If you upgrade to CC7 on June 17-th, that will cost you $ 30 per month, so the first year costs $ 360. Then the price increases to $ 50 per month, or $ 600 per year, not taking into consideration unilateral price increases from Adobe.

After around 15 months Adobe introduces CC8 at the IBC 2014. What are the consequences? CCM includes updates, but what about upgrades? Do you need to do anything? Do you get a new introduction offer at a special price and for how long? Do you have to pay the 50% penalty for changing your CCM?  Do existing CC subscribers then get punished in terms of higher subscription rates than new subscribers, who get the special price?

Somebody please clear up this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harm

Creative Suite (CS3 - CS6) customers can currently join Creative Cloud at a special price for the first year.  After the first year, pricing reverts to the standard price - see https://creative.adobe.com/plans

While your membership is active, you will automatically receive any updates & upgrades - you wouldn't need to change your membership.  From the FAQ:

"Adobe plans to add new applications, features, and updates to Creative Cloud on an ongoing basis. As these features become available, notifications are sent to users through their activity stream in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Customers can also keep up to date on what's new in Creative Cloud by following the Creative Cloud blog."

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe plans to add new applications, features, and updates to Creative Cloud on an ongoing basis. As these features become available, notifications are sent to users through their activity stream in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Customers can also keep up to date on what's new in Creative Cloud by following the Creative Cloud blog."

Thanks, that specifically mentions  updates, but what about upgrades, like to CC8 or CC9?

I can see the following options to be applied at the whim of Adobe:

2013201420152016Total Cost
Upgrade from CS3/6 to CC7 for existing users$ 360$ 600$ 600$ 600$ 2160
New users of CC7$ 600$ 600$ 600$ 600$ 2400
2014 offer of CC8 for existing CC usersNA$ 600 ?$ 600$ 600$ 1800
2014 upgrade offer from CS4/6 of CC8 for new CC usersNA$ 360$ 600$ 600$ 1560
2014 offer for new Adobe CC usersNA$ 600$ 600$ 600$ 1800
2015 offer of CC9 for existing usersNANA$ 600 ?$ 600$ 1200
2015 upgrade offer from CS5/6 of CC9 for new CC usersNANA$ 360$ 600$ 960
2015 offer for new Adobe CC usersNANA$ 600$ 600$ 1200

This does NOT take into consideration price increases levied on subscribers by Adobe's discretionary decisions and is only based on US prices, not the ridiculous European prices.

OK, updates are included in the CCM, but what does that help when we have been waiting more than 12 months for updates on the CS6 AVCHD spanned clip bug and the caching bug in CS6, that still have not materialized? The reversal bug that has been deferred to CS Next and is still not solved in CC?

Do existing CCM users get the same special price offerings as new users? What about students who have finished their education, can they continue to subscribe after finishing their study at educational prices and for how long?

The conclusion is obvious, existing CCM subscribers are treated the same as completely new customers, gone are upgrading privileges. Where is the enticement to continue upgrading your software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New versions are also included as part of your membership.

We don't have information about future pricing/versions but customers with annual plans benefit from that pricing for 12 months.

The current promotional offerings are for existing Creative Suite customers who haven't already joined Creative Cloud.  Again, I can't comment on future offers.

Students who no longer qualify for student/teacher discount can move to a plan that they do qualify for.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beverley Gray:

"You will be able to cancel your membership after payment for the 12th month has processed - see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cancel-membership-su bscription.html"

Then I guess I will contact Adobe somewhere at the end of August 2013 to cancel.

But having an easy accessible checkbox in your account to NOT auto-renew would be useful for the end user, NOT Adobe. And that's why it's not offered. Adobe makes us jump through hoops in the hopes that we will all go: 'alright, alright. I guess I'll stay addicted for another year to the cloud'. Besides, It's not like I have a choice if I want to be able to open MY own files.

Harm Millaard wrote:

Luckily you have CS5.5, so you have the option of upgrading to the CS6 version instead of going to CC.

Last year i was foolish enough to buy into this CC business. So yes, I have CS5.5. But also at the moment a subscription to the cloud.

Harm Millaard wrote:
Assuming you are located outside Europe, you can upgrade to the perpetual license for $ 525. One additional year of CC would cost you $ 600.

I'm in Europe, so the cost is 'just a bit' higher over here as you've pointed out. And the second year of CC would cost € 61,50 a month for the privilege of LEASING the software. (And that is only if you agree to pay for an entire year.)

Harm Millaard wrote:
...and at the end of that year you are left with empty hands.
You can't even access your own copyrighted material any longer.

Yes, and this is really really wrong. It's a very good reason to stay the hell away from the cloud and not go, 'aaah what the heck, I'll try it for a year and see what happens'. You will have no choice but to continue with this scheme if you want to be able to open your files. And that's kinda the whole point isn't it? To be able to open up your own files in the future.

You WILL become a Cloud drug addict. Even if you eventually want to get clean from it, you can't. That's how this system is set up to function!

Beverley Gray:
Creative Suite (CS3 - CS6) customers can currently join Creative Cloud at a special price for the first year.  After the first year, pricing reverts to the standard price - see https://creative.adobe.com/plans

Get 'em hooked and dependent, then jack up the price for the next fix.

Beverley Gray:

There have been a couple of updates during this year, I'll admit that, some nice ones too. Smart object support for the blur gallery for example, excellent stuff. Yet Adobe is still going to release the majority of updates on one day. June 17 2013. That's hardly the promise of the Cloud is it? But that's really not the issue I have with the Cloud.

We are being very aggressively forced to become Creative Cloud drug addicts. And Adobe is the only one that will benefit from this in the long run. They got us by the balls. Not good, not good at all.

Just Say NO to "Adobe Creative Cloud Subscriptions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beverley Gray, Just go ahead and cancel my subscription to the Creative Cloud when you read this. No need to wait until August to get rid of this Cloud parasite that would be sucking me dry forever.

I've opened up every file I have created with the Cloud version in the last year, and fixed the ones that would give me problems in CS5.5. This means I will still be able to make adjustments for clients. Without having to worry about being in the Cloud forever if I want to be able to open up my own files in the future. And of course I do! For crying out loud, that is just insane!

And don't get me started on the "End User License Agreement" A lot of the stuff in there isn't even legal in Europe. But hey, Adobe is a big powerful corporation, I'm sure they will get away with it.

It is a shame really. Photoshop has served me very well over the years. And CS5.5 will continue to do so. It's an amazing piece of software, as most of us will agree to without hesitation. However, thankfully It is not essential to my workflow. And I will not accept becoming a slave to the Cloud forever, as Adobe wants us to be. Perpetual licenses will regrettably not come back for future versions. It's the Cloud or nothing. So I have to make the decision to go.

It was a relief, though. Finally making the decision to leave the Cloud. This last year really did feel like I've been fed upon by a power/money hungry parasite. And every month that parasite would let me know it OWNS ME and knows my Credit Card for the rest of my creative working life. Unless I just say no...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS5 right now.  The features between it and CS6 don't warrant an upgrade (I upgraded every other version anyways)  And heck, that features in the CC equivalent of applications doesn't seem worthwhile and upgrade either.

As a monopoly, Adobe has gotten very lax.  New versions of CC will be the equivalent of a handful of bug fixes and the cumulative progress of a minor version change or so.  There's no competition; what exactly is going to spur Adobe to move things forward?

On a side note, I HATE services that default you to auto-renew.  Good on ya, Jeff.  Every less drop of blood Adobe gets in its mouth, the closer to starving it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff_Know1.....the easiest way to cancel CC right now is just stop paying them now ! It will be canceled as soon as you stop paying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Your Creative Cloud membership has been cancelled as requested.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm Millaard wrote:

Assuming you are located outside Europe, you can upgrade to the perpetual license for $ 525. One additional year of CC would cost you $ 600 and at the end of that year you are left with empty hands. You can't even access your own copyrighted material any longer.

Why not? The sources files and final product are still on my computer and since they are generic formats they do not require Adobe products.

Project files would require Adobe software, but once you are done with a project you don't really need to be able to read them any more. And, if you really needed to do that later for some obscure reason, there is nothing stopping you from using a friend's computer, or just doing a one month subscription.

I think the problem is that you want to be upset, so you synthesize reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually shocked to find out what kind of company Adobe is.  After looking on the web and seeing all the complaints I realized something...

Adobe is a terrible company.  They are a rip off company.  Their corporate culture is shameful.

For $600 / year Adobe should send out an email asking for an Opt-In or a Repurchase... Any legitimate company would do that.

It's awful that a company with such good products has a corporate culture like a rip off gym or an alarm company.  Adobe should be better than that.

I'm going to make sure everyone I know knows the way they operate....

And there is no DO NOT AUTORENEW BUTTON!!!! SO funny that Adobe considers themselves as legitimate company!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So let me get this straight. My Account is set to auto-renew (how nice) but now at the Regular Monthly Price.

Since these introductory offers are STILL available, can I not cancel, use a different credit card and username to get the same "Introductory Price"

Seeing as though Adobe has pressured us into signing up early saying that "The offer will expire soon" and in return giving us quite possible a bunch of lies. (I think we all remember the TypeKit promises and the Actual Cloud Usage) that was not actually available upon the release of CC.

I don't know about you adobe but don't you think that the people who actually signed up early and were constantly dissappointed with the product provided (there are STILL unfixed bugs in the main CC features) – shouldn't we be auto-renewed at the introductory price also?

I know you're a massive corporation but at least Apple has the decency to give back to their online community when their services (icloud) are below what they promised.

Beverly Gray would it be possible that I could be auto renewed at the introductory rate? Or Am I going to have to spend my time figuring out how to cancel, then sign up under another username and credit card all because Adobe lied in their marketing?

My service auto-renews soon, I would love an answer. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert - I'll arrange for you to be contacted regarding this.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also very frustrated by this.  I didn't realize the price difference until I received my credit card statement as Adobe's renewal email had gone into Gmail's spam/promos section.  Now when I log on to cancel it tells me I will owe Adobe 50% of the remainder of a year's cost at the higher $50/mo rate.  First of all, I NEVER authorized a contract extension and it's incredibly dishonest to automatically renew a contract with an ETF.  I have never seen that behavior with any other company (cell phones, cable, satellite, etc) and it seems as though it is illegal.

I've been trying to find email contact information for billing support in order to rectify this so I can cancel my subscription without this ridiculous ETF charge but have been unable to do so. 

For Adobe's sake, they need to change this setup to an opt-in system or do what every other company does - switch to month-to-month after the contract period.  In cases against cell phone companies who extended people's contracts due to the customer changing their plan and not being notified of the contract extension, the cell carriers have lost in court and been ordered to pay back the termination fees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DCL

As per the subscription terms, the promotional price is valid for 12 months and after that you renew at the standard price for another 12 months unless you contact us to cancel.  I'm sorry that you didn't see the renewal email when it was sent and will arrange for support to contact you regarding your subscription.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have walked right into this as well and no one can do anything to help me but cut and paste terms that I supposedly digitally signed to.  I agreed to a one year promotion with Adobe and some 2 months after it ended, went to cancel the sub, as I found I wasn't using the programs as much as I thought I might.  The gal that I had to carry on an IM chat just regurgitated terms from the Adobe website.  She finally said she would escalate the issue, and I never heard back.  Reported to the BBB, and still waiting on an answer.  I must be completely insignificant to these people.  I just want to cancel without cancelation fees.  I had no idea I was agreeing to a second term commitment through my own inaction.  I really thought you had to act in order to agree to a binding contract, but not so in teh digital age, I suppose.  So here I am with programs I rarely if ever use, and no way to cancel until September without a huge bill.  Thanks Adobe for such a clever scheme...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ddrummerman

As per the subscription terms - http://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

Renewal

The price is valid for a full 12 months. After that, we'll renew your contract automatically unless you cancel. The price is subject to change, but we will always notify you beforehand

I'm sorry if this wasn't clear and have cancelled your membership and waived the cancellation fee as an exception.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bev.  Your response was unexpected!  I appreciate your willingness to help me here.  As a result, I'll continue to refer friends to your services, and will myself probably return once finances can justify keeping them around for casual use.

Regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beverley,

My subscription is up on April 30th, can you please cancel my subscription so that it does not auto renew. I am just not using this enought to justify the high price. I do NOT want to wait as I may be out of town that week and I want to make sure it gets done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WhyWhyWhy

Your subscription will be due for renewal on 31st March, 2014.  You can cancel without penalty after the payment for month 12 has processed at the end of February - see Cancel your membership or subscription | Creative Cloud

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines