• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I haven't used adobe in over half a year and times are hard. Is there a way to issue a refund?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the contact adobe does not work at all and finding other means of communication seems to be harder than it should be... I had an annual plan, of which I've used adobe for maybe 2 months. I wasn't even aware of the fact that adobe kept billing me for almost a year now.

I'd like a refund of some sorts since I've not used adobe cc programs in such a long time. The financial situation isn't great for me at the moment, otherwise, I wouldn't be asking for a refund.

Sincerely,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for mo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

I suspect you won't get a refund. Having an Adobe subscription is rather like having a cable subscription or mobile phone service. It doesn't matter if you didn't use it, it was available for use.

However, if you explain your situation to the CSR they may be willing to cancel your subscription without penalty, especially if your hardship is due to the pandemic. This is NOT official policy, but it doesn't hurt to ask. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you won't get a refund. Having an Adobe subscription is rather like having a cable subscription or mobile phone service. It doesn't matter if you didn't use it, it was available for use.

However, if you explain your situation to the CSR they may be willing to cancel your subscription without penalty, especially if your hardship is due to the pandemic. This is NOT official policy, but it doesn't hurt to ask. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also didn't use adobe in over a year. please tell me also how to refund back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are unlikely to get a refund. The best you can do is cancel your subscription and see if the CSR will waive the cancellation fee. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't get back your payment for the period of time that has already passed.

In other words, if you purchased the subscription 6 months ago and have made 6 monthly payments, you will not get that money back if you cancel now, and Adobe will charge you a cancellation fee equal to an additional 1/2 of the remaining subscription term (in this example, 3 months).

If you are experiencing financial hardship due to the pandemic, the CSR might waive the cancellation fee. This is not official Adobe policy and largely depends on the CSR and your situation. In no case will they refund you the money you have already paid.

As I said before, purchasing a subscription to an Adobe product is like signing up for a cable TV plan or a mobile plan that is not pay-as-you-go. You were paying for it to be available to you, and it doesn't matter whether you used it or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't speak for Adobe, but my understanding is that Adobe will not refund any money you have already paid for your subscription. 

If you cancel a subscription before the last month, Adobe charges a cancellation fee of  ½ of the remaining cost of the subscription plan. For example, if your plan has 6 months left, your cancellation fee is equal to 3 months of fees. Once you pay the cancellation fee, you have no more obligations to Adobe.

You might get them to waive the cancellation fees if you are having financial problems, especially if those problems are because of COVID. This is not official policy and the CSR is not obliged to waive those fees.

Edited to add: If you purchased a year's subscription by paying for the entire year rather than paying for it each month, you will get a refund of the remaining cost of the subscription plan less the cancellation fee.

In any case, you need to talk to Adobe Customer Support. We can't help you here; we're not employees and you need to talk to an employee.

Adobe provides support through the Chat function on the contact page or through a phone call. There is no email support.

CHAT: Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. Disable any ad, pop-up, or script blockers.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to a CSR rather than the AI.

If the CSR refers you to the forums, insist on speaking with a supervisor and keep moving up the chain until you get someone who knows what they are talking about.

PHONE: You can also search this page for a regionally appropriate phone number for customer support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Be aware that because of the pandemic, wait times are far longer than usual due to reduced staff and higher demand. Please be patient with the people to whom you speak. Like you, they are feeling a great deal of stress. A little patience and understanding will go a long way to helping you in your particular situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jack22517208bdm9,

This user-to-user forum can't help you with billing matters.  You must reach out to Adobe support via online chat or phone.

With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below.
https://account.adobe.com/plans

===============
How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
===============
Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines