• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intermediary option for the Photography Plan?

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As attractive as it is, the Photography Plan seems to have no other option than unsubscribe and lose all of Photoshop and most Lightroom features except the Library functions. There seems no “intermediary” alternative(s) for long-term subscribers users such as myself (now retired) who no longer have professional need and/or budget for the full kit with upgrades. It seems like I’m paying for business-class flight when economy would be just fine!

My suggestion/question is: why not offer long-term and loyal customers an option to “freeze” for example, the Photography Plan package, at a particular point/version and perhaps pay a nominal fee/subscription without upgrades to continue using it?

[Mod: Move to the appropriate forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asked many times, Adobe has never made that change

Photoshop Elements is a one time purchase http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perhaps because adobe doesn't want to support older versions.

p.s. these are user-to-user forums.  if you intended to make a suggestion to adobe, post here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, someone at Adobe fought long and hard for there to be a photography plan at all. So that's half the $20 it would otherwise be, and a third of the $30 that would allow cancellation without a penalty. I suspect it's still treated with suspicion inside Adobe, and the chance of any reduction, or holiday option, would be inconceivable to the management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with all the previous answers above. Most people consider the Photography plan to be a great bargain, considering you're getting two best-of-breed apps for $10/month. Almost all other Creative Cloud apps cost $20+/month.

Creative Cloud is going on 10 years now as subscription-only for the latest releases – and to date, Adobe has not looked back.

That said, yesterday the company hinted at some changes in its pricing structure coming up in May. No specific details yet, but we'll see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good comments - thank you. It's great value (about $15 Australian a month) for sure. I don't think I've ever used Adobe support (except the forums) and the web/YouTube in 20+ years as it's such a ubiquitous standard.

However I stick to my original suggestion. While some may not see it as an issue, every software upgrade is compelling but the cumulative effect means (it seems to me) is a very noticable performance hit for casual/grumpy old retirees like me! When I was working I got new hardware supplied every couple of years no problem. Adobe software was also supplied. My current iMac is 6 years old. My fault I suppose that I'm still hooked on the Adobe software and iMac/IOS ecosystems and am passionate about digital photography and processing...just wanted to see what others thought.

I can't speak for what Adobe Management may have in mind but wait with baited breath for any new pricing structure but may just have to make some some tough personal choices this year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - have now put in a feature request for Creative Cloud as suggested 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you never know, and it can't hurt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines