Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fact:

- A user has two accounts with diffent applications

a) Account company using InDesign

b) Account private using Lightroom/Photoshop

- Problem

- If there is no Internet-Connection you cannot sign in in Creative Cloud Desktop

- If you cannot sign in, you cannot use the Software (InDesign/Photoshop)

- ADOBE 

- There are so many places, a user has not Internet (Traveling in Car, Train, Ski Area, Summer Resort/Beach, etc. 

- The licence checks are absolutely incomprehensible.

- ADOBE makes it easy for themselves and want to maximze the profit, the customer is at the very back

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, and someone will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong and I'll learn something new, you do not need to be online all the time when using the Adobe programs. The license checks are performed about once a month.

Mind you, I don't know if there's a way to "force" a license check before you travel to somewhere where you won't have Internet access for a while, nor am I aware of when during the month the checks are performed.

You could try contacting customer support to find out.

Edited to Add: See this link for more information. As I thought, you only have to connect once every 30 days.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/is-it-possibile-to-use-photoshop-offline/td-p/8821119?page=...

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html#

Scroll to the bottom of the page, click the chat icon, and type in Agent at the prompt to get a live person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license referred to is a license that allows the holder to use Adobe applications. It has nothing to do with wages or job security. Perhaps you meant this for a different question or forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to be sure, adobe cc requires, at least, intermittant internet connectivity.  if you don't have that, you can't use adobe cc.

if you have intermittant connectivity, but not continuous connectivity, open the programs you want to use when you expect to lose connectivity and leave them open, at least, until connectivity is restored.

the typical situation is a laptop used for travel.  eg, before leaving to travel with my laptop, i open the adobe programs i will (or might) want to use and minimize them.

that does mean, for users with more than one account, picking one account or the other. the only work-around would be using two laptops, each signed into a different account and each with that account's apps open during travel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't switch accounts (licences) when not connected to the internet. You should, however, be able to continue to work with the currently enabled licence, even when going offline.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines