Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locked into Subscription - Ransom?

May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been on the £9.98/mo photography subscription for over two years now.

I was on the full creative cloud package until I didn't need it anymore as my circumstances changed. At the time I was still within my pay monthly, year subscription so canceling would have been prohibitively expensive. Therefore I downgraded to the photography plan to wait out the rest of the subscription.

At the time I also attempted to turn of auto-renewal but there were no options available other than cancelation which incurs a charge.

I havnt used any of the products I'm charged for for nearly 2 years now.

Due to life and far more important things I didnt notice until now that the photography plan auto-renewed a couple of months back. Going into my account now It says I'll be charged £44 to cancel my plan, the plan I don't want, the plan that I atempted to turn off auto-renewal for and adobe didnt let me.

Not only that but I'm looking at my plan right now and there are NO options to turn off auto-renewal now either... and still the adobe support documentation doesnt actualy tell you how to turn off auto-renewal, just "cancel the policy".

Adobe,

For over a year now I've wanted to cancel my auto-renewal AND cancel my subscription.

The only options you have ever given me are continue paying indefinately OR pay your cancelation charges.

So you're essentially holding me to ransom. Pay the cancelation fee or we will auto-renew your policy.

So what are you going to do about it?

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Auto renewal cannot be turned off.

The penalty is 50% of the year's fee remaining.

If you want to cancel without a penalty, cancel during the 12th month.

But if you aren't using it at all, it will still be cheaper to cancel now and pay the penalty.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto renewal cannot be turned off.

The penalty is 50% of the year's fee remaining.

If you want to cancel without a penalty, cancel during the 12th month.

But if you aren't using it at all, it will still be cheaper to cancel now and pay the penalty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Test Screen name.

Adobe's support is nonexistant right now (webpage redirects to FAQ answers so no chat, email or phone) so this was my last ditch attempt to get any feedback/information.

I understand now that the best result I could get would have been to pay the penalty 14 months ago.

I havnt used the Photography plan at all as I only downgraded to get out of the main £50 CC plan.

I can see their subscription model is specificly designed to target those who either aren't bothered, don't understand, or forget and incur reoccuring charges on them until they understand what you've pointed out or get so fed up they don't care about cancelation fees.

A very stand up business practice!

Again, thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way you are NOT addressing Adobe. They aren't here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>no chat, email or phone

Adobe does not do support by email

To Cancel https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-creative-cloud-subscription.html
-FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/cancel-subscription-faq-s/td-p/11843852

-or cancel via Chat link https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks

- or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines