• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Login issues

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the forums were updated, I have not been able to sign in. Here's what happens:

1. I enter my email address and hit Continue.

2. I enter my password and hit Continue.
  3. I get a Complete Your Profile screen.
  4. When I try to enter my username (Kyriosity), I get a message saying it's taken. Obviously...because it's my username. But the system does not recognize my credentials.

Some other details:
  • I cannot get back to the main login screen without clearing my browser cache -- it just bumps me straight to the Complete Your Profile page otherwise. [Therefore, "Have you tried logging out and logging back in?" is a silly question.]
  • Thinking I might have the wrong password, I cleared the cache and attempted to log in with a different password. That time I got, "That's an incorrect password. Try again." So obviously the password I initially entered is the correct one, and the system just isn't completing the sign in process for some reason. [Therefore "Here's how to reset your password" is not going to solve the problem.]
  • This is not the same account I use for my license. I want to stick with my personal account for my forum presence, because corporate situations can change and I don't want to lose access to prior activity.
  • Nor do I not want to start over with a new account, for the same reason.
  • That said, after two go-rounds with customer service chats, I ended up entering a new account name (valerie_a_b), which the customer service rep assured me would just put a new name on my old account. He was obviously incorrect. So now I have two accounts associated with the same email address, which is probably a bad idea.
  • I can log in to the main adobe.com site just fine. This issue applies only to the community forums.

I would really appreciate if someone would help me access my real account!

~Valerie

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valerie,

I'm reaching out to you via private message to see if we can work this out.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know my timing is lousy what with the Christmas holidays and all, but it's been nearly three weeks since I've heard from Dave, and if there's anybody else out there who might be able to assist, I'd be ever so grateful! ðŸ˜Š

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valerie,

I am truly sorry for dropping the ball here. I even see the PMs we sent back and forth and I thought I'd closed this out with you.

Here's what I've been able to find and what I'm trying to track down now.

Both the account you posted this thread from and your other account somehow utilized the same email address, but they have different GUIDs within our community system. When I look for the GUID associated with the other account in some of our other tools, I do not see it at all.  I'm working with one of my colleagues to see if I can glean further details.

I will circle back on this thread as soon as I have new information or tomorrow morning (if I'm still waiting on information), but I will not forget about this again as I try to get to the bottom of what happened.

Again, I'm really sorry for not following through before. 😞 

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valerie,

I got the details of your situation in front of a colleague who's looking into it. He didn't get back to last night, but I've already pinged him this morning for an update.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, David! Would it help if I changed the email address on this username?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's so weird. When I went to check how I would do that, the account settings page has my original user name! So I won't mess with it...don't want to break things worse than they already are!

valerie_a_b_0-1588832707472.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything yet from your colleague?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valerie,

I'm getting a bit of a runaround right now, but I'm still working on this.

No new info to report, but I'll keep pressing.  This is an extremely odd issue, and I'm sorry for all the trouble this has caused you.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Dave. "Extremely odd" about sums me up, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valerie,

Could you DM me a screen-recording of you logging in? The team I'm working with has requested one.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to do that. But sometimes it lets me log in on the first try, and sometimes not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I can't do a screen recording because I don't have Xbox installed. But here are a couple of screenshots:

I click on the correct email address in the dropdown box...

Screenshot 2020-05-13 15.43.59.png

...then click Continue (my password is saved).

Screenshot 2020-05-13 15.44.18.png

So nothing fancy or magical going on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In other words, it's now letting me sign in with this email address, but it's not letting me access the content of my original account under the original name. Basically now I just want that back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valerie,

I think I've got a fix for this. I'm validating it on our stage environment. If it works, I'll apply it to your account and you should be able to access the kyriosity account once more.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yippee!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's been another week. Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hellooooooo????? Anybody home????? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some times it happen last weak same prolem with me but few time latter system automatically recognize .project.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines