• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Abobe CS6 when got new computer

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last fall my old Mac Mini HD became slower than imaginable so I got a new 2018 Mini still in the manufacturer's box. When the guy I paid to transfer my data from the old to the new finished the job, ALL of my CS6 was lost in addition to all my email addresses and some other things. I contacted Adobe and never reached a human but was told they don't sell software anymore and I'd have to subscribe. I found a fantastic price online for InDesign so I have that now, but I really need Illustrator. Seems Adobe should have to let me have  CS6 Illustrator since I had a purchased version. Does anyone have any insight into this? I don't need the newest version because these days I do mostly volunteer design for non-profits and an occasional logo. My CS6 is just fine. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tell everyone you know who owns a Mac, including Apple employees... Mac Migration and Time Machine DO NOT WORK properly with Adobe program activations due to hidden registration files that are not included when Migration or Time Machine make their copies

You must do a fresh install from your disc or the download that you saved

Also, CS6 may not work at all, depending on your Mac operating system

Apple did not maintain backward compatibility, so try this to install old programs
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines