• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major Frustration in Trying to Communicate with Adobe Concerning Cancellation of Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24 March 2020--Thinking back over the last ten years, I can’t recall a worst communication response than what I experienced with Adobe in trying to cancel my subscription to Premier Pro.  There is no way I will be using the Premier Pro, so I wish to cancel my monthly billing.  For several hours, I tried to cancel my Premier Pro; however, I was caught in an endless loop.  My main concern with the way Adobe has the homepage written is I was not given a choice to cancel my Premier Pro without also chancing cancelling my Adobe Photo Shop and Lightroom subscription.  There is No Way I want to cancel my Adobe PS and LR account—just my Premier Pro. 

For several days, I tried to call 1 (800) 833-6687 and was told that I would receive a response in 2 hours.  6 to 8 hours later, on some days, I did receive a call.  This is understandable with the Corvid-19.  Each time I had to go through the process of spelling my name and providing my e-mail.    However, since the agents could not speak fluent English, both of us became frustrated.  One day, after being assured that I could immediately talk with an account agent, I was totally dropped off the Adobe line and was never called back.  Yesterday, after waiting for 6 or 8 hours, I did receive a call from Adobe.  I was finally told I was been transferred to an office which could cancel my Premier Pro.  I was on the phone for 40 minutes after I was told by the Adobe agent, I could speak to the account agent.   I finally just hung up.  With my experience with Adobe, I would never advise a friend or relative to subscribe for a Premier Pro program with Adobe.  

Today I received an e-mail so I could complete a survey of my experience with Adobe.  As you might guess, the survey was one for Adobe Photo Shop NOT Premier Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to speak to anyone to cancel a plan.

Cancel your Creative Cloud membership

https://helpx.adobe.com/lv/creative-cloud/help/cancel-membership.html

It's unclear from your description if you're subscribing to a Premiere Pro plan and the Photography plan (in which case you only need to cancel Premiere Pro) or if you're subscribing to the All Apps plan, in which case you would cancel that and switch to just the Photography plan.  

For what's worth, this forum is for Premiere Pro questions.  

Also, did you know that Photoshop supports editing video?  If you have light video editing needs, it may do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I want to cancel by Premiere Pro plan--as i stated in my first posting.  Yes, you are correct the forum is for Premier Pro questions that is the reason I used this forum to try and notify others trying to call Adobe to try and caneel their Premiere Pro account and NOT have their Photo Shop account cancelled.  When I tried to cancel my Premiere Pro on line, I was given no choice in checking the choice square and having it work.  With that said, I still don't understand why an in English phone call to Adobe is an unreasonable way to cancel my Premiere Pro account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines