• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My computer was hacked when I installed your software

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had absolutely no issues, until someone in your company tried to hack my computer...for gosh know what. I am sorry, but the plain fact is, unless you create a software piece that allows a user to use it offline, this aint worth it. It took two days to sort my computer out. I am not happy whatsoever. You have dodgy customer service people behind the scenes and you better deal with it ASAP. These same people are selling left and right on Ebay as well, dodgy used copies of the software for hundreds and hundreds. It is shameful.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Hi there, 

We're sorry for the experience you had. Nobody from Adobe has the access to your machine or can hack your software. 

We have a screen share service available when you contact support for your issue but that also cannot happen withour your consent. 

If you face any issues, please feel free to post here or contact support and not share your details with anyone on a different website. 

Thanks 

Kanika 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you contact support exactly? Lotta scammers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe doesn't use ebay, but yes, there are a lot of dodgy people on ebay.

purchase from adobe.com and deal with adobe.com support and you won't have that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go to Adobe Chat with a question and give the chat agent access to your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're sorry for the experience you had. Nobody from Adobe has the access to your machine or can hack your software. 

We have a screen share service available when you contact support for your issue but that also cannot happen withour your consent. 

If you face any issues, please feel free to post here or contact support and not share your details with anyone on a different website. 

Thanks 

Kanika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These same people are selling left and right on Ebay as well, dodgy used copies of the software for hundreds and hundreds. It is shameful.

By @SarahM01

Hi Sarah,

I suppose you got fooled by someone if you bought on e-bay because there is little chance to get valid software of Adobe from e-bay. Adobe does not make business on e-bay. It's as simple as that.

Adobe does not use skype et al for customer service.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you bought software on e-Bay or any auction site, it's very likely you received cracked software infected with malware or worse, ransomware.   Good luck with that!

Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT DIRECTLY:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines