• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Partner is a Student

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my partner and i use the same pc and are currently still using Photoshop CS6. He has recently joined University and needs the new CC softare. We share an adobe account which is in my name, Could his student details be used on my account and linked to my billing? As everything is normaly in my name an billed from my account, this would make things a whole lot easier.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actualy, what you are doing is illegal.  two people aren't allowed to share an individual account (though there are probably a lot of families that are sharing one account).

the police are not going to knock down your door for this but you're not going to get help from adobe to further this account sharing.

in addition, the student account must use the student's id (=email address).  you should check witht the school's i.t. dept for help with the student account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for quickly reponding. I purchased CS6 in store years ago and wasnt aware that letting my partner use it was illegal? This is utterly Bizzare.

I will however get him to sign up for his own online account with adobe. He has his Student ID card and NUS Number (we live in the UK). Is this sufficient?

I guess i will continue to use my copy of CS6 so im not breaking the Law.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this explains student eligibility (and more), Adobe Creative Cloud Education FAQ

p.s.  i agree, it is unexpected that same-household family members would not be allowed to share adobe programs.  but i can see adobe's side of it, too:  it's hard to hold the line to family members in the same household using one computer.  eg,  is a significant other a family member?  what about your best friend roommate?  what about using a family laptop when you travel?  what if your trip is for a few months (or years)?  it's easier to say no sharing and be done with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Togg5,

Your partner should get his own computer and student subscription for school work.  I mention this because Creative Cloud will take over the device, making it impossible to use legacy Creative Suite 6.

Keep the old machine and old OS for legacy software.  Dedicate the new machine to Creative Cloud.  See system requirements below and check each one as requirements vary.

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines