• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Need help] Adobe changed my email address with dummy domain and ask me to get OTP from it.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm very concern on my current case.

Previously, I have been using Adobe Photography pack for many year, which I bought it from website (self service) like everyone else. I have a lot of works there saved on cloud.

My account email was xxxxx@msn.com. (xxx just for masking my email name).
I use msn.com for a long time.

One day I have received Adobe Photography box license from US.

Since my account is not belong there. 

I have contacted Adobe support team to help me activate such license. 

Therefore, Adobe support is very helpful enough to create new US account for me under the same email address while moving my previous account date to the dummy address called xxxxx@msn.oldcom 

"msn.oldcom" yes. 

After I'm happily using the account with new package I have realized that I need to access to my old files that has been saved on Cloud. 

The issue begins. When I tried to login with "xxxxx@msn.oldcom" address it tells me to get OTP from email to access the account. And as you know there is no way to access this email since it is a dummy email domain being changed from Adobe internal system by Adobe staff.

Today I have reach out to the support, but the support is not very helpful and told me to try to access this dummy email to get the OTP. Where everyone know that this is impossible. It is very hard for me to explain this for the Adobe support to understand my situation.

I have asked them to change the email address for me but they said they couldn't the only way is that I need to login and change it by myself. (still asking me to get OTP from dummy email address.)

So now my old work that is very important to me stuff on theirs Adobe cloud and I have no way to access my data. 

Is there anyone I can contact or perhaps a higher up for this type of issue?

It is very frustrating. I really need to access my work again.

Best Regards,

Terry

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the mistake was changing your previous subscription to xxx@msn.oldcom.  that needs to be changed to an email address you control.  so, obtain another email address (eg, a hotmail.com or gmail.com address) that you control.

then contact adobe support in your native language and ask them to correct that original error and change the account associated with xxx@msn.oldcom to your new email address (eg, hotmail.com or gmail.com).

once that's done, share your hotmail.com/gmail.com account files with your xxx@msn.com account, or just download the files. 

you should always have a local copy of your important files.  never trust anyone's (adobe or anyone else) cloud storage.  it's a backup for extra safety (from most vendors, but not adobe) and for convenience (from adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct. Thank you for understanding.

That's what I tried to request them to do changing the current dummy email address to the one I owned.

However, they said it is impossible. But I asked them to help escalate to theirs senior.

I hope this is a good sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it were impossible, how did they do it when they changed from xxx@msn.com to xxx@msn.oldcom?

ask them to check what they did at that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I told them the same thing. But they keep saying not impossible.

I already sent the case ID from previous time.

But still no change.

All I can do now is hoping that theirs Senior will do something about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good luck.  and keep us updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And always remember: you need backups. This would not have happened if you kept backups. Some web sites spread the idea that there is no need to backup when you use the cloud, but this is a damaging advice. You may not get your files this time, they could already have gone when you switched accounts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the staff is gone. He said he will contact me later.

But nothing happens since then.

I will contact Adobe support again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mean you didn't make backup files? 

You should always have the original files on your computer hard drive, external drives and dedicated backup & recovery services --  just in case.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines