• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help finding serial number & how to reinstall creative suite (purchased in 2005)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the Creative Suite in 2005 (or possibly 2004). I want to reinstall it on an old computer (the computer when I ordered CS from Dell back then). I have moved and I can't find the CS software. It is here in a box someplace.  I just can't get to the boxes until I have some help.  My ISP at the time of purchase is different than my ISP now so my email address is different. I knew my user name but when I entered it I couldn't remember my password.  I've tried all of the links to more information and I haven't found one for support with this issue.

I appreciate any help someone here can give me.  Thank you!

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Since you say you can't access your old information, this link won't help... but if you DO remember how to use your old information, this link might help

Lost information https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Find-serial-number-without-Adpbe-ID/td-p/7769446
- page has links to programs to find an installed serial number in Mac or Windows
- when you find your serial number(s) write them down and put in a desk drawer

Without your old information, nobody at all is going to be able to help..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

You're talking about 15 year old software.  Even if you find the original installation disks and serial number, there is zero chance you will be able to activate it. Creative Suite 1, 2 and 3 activation servers were taken offline years ago.  Sorry to say this but you have reached the end of the road with your Creative Suite disks.   The most you can get is a 30 day trial after which the trial will expire and the CS software will stop working.

Assuming your computer meets the system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Thank you for your answer.  I spec'd the configuration when I bought it so it should meet the system requirements when I use a different OS.

Thanks for the discount info as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you say you can't access your old information, this link won't help... but if you DO remember how to use your old information, this link might help

Lost information https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Find-serial-number-without-Adpbe-ID/td-p/7769446
- page has links to programs to find an installed serial number in Mac or Windows
- when you find your serial number(s) write them down and put in a desk drawer

Without your old information, nobody at all is going to be able to help... Also, this is a public forum, not Adobe support, so be VERY CAREFUL answering any private message from someone who claims to work for Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're talking about 15 year old software.  Even if you find the original installation disks and serial number, there is zero chance you will be able to activate it. Creative Suite 1, 2 and 3 activation servers were taken offline years ago.  Sorry to say this but you have reached the end of the road with your Creative Suite disks.   The most you can get is a 30 day trial after which the trial will expire and the CS software will stop working.

Assuming your computer meets the system requirements, you can subscribe to a Creative Cloud All Aps plan right now at the Cyber Monday discounted price of only $30/month for the first year.   A savings of $20/month.  Offer ends on December 5th.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. The computer I want to reinstall CS on is old
(same age as CS) and has Vista OS. I just want to have it available if I
need to use it for a task when I don't have my laptop or tablet with me at
my studio. I have the latest CS version on those two devices. Sometimes
I'll run into my studio when I'm on a break from work or after work until
the commuter traffic is over.

The computer is sitting there in an area I don't use often. Since Vista's
support ceased I haven't used that computer, but I've thought about
downloading Linux on a USB stick so it can be used without the higher risk
of an unsupported OS. I know its day is over but I spec'd the
configuration when I bought it so it has more memory, better graphics card,
etc. than a computer most consumers would have purchased back then. I have
a large monitor with it and there's plenty of storage left on the
computer. I just don't like to do "throw-away tech." Things update so
quickly now and software/hardware becomes obsolete much faster.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer.  I spec'd the configuration when I bought it so it should meet the system requirements when I use a different OS.

Thanks for the discount info as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines