• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to keep account but leave organization

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! My Adobe plan is currently paid for by my organization. I am leaving my job and would like to keep my Adobe account (thechimes) and everything with it. I'm unable to select a different billing option, and I'm afraid if I click "leave organization" that it will delete my content. I need to keep my content, specifically my portfolio. I will need to join another organization in about a month when my new job starts, and will likely need to repeat this process in a few years when my contract at this new job is up. 

Nobody in my organization has an answer for me as they only deal with the sales team. They told me to talk to Adobe. I did the live chat and nobody had an answer for me. Please help!

Thank you!

I attached screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks!

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>unable to select a different billing option

Is your account based on your personal email address, or one supplied by your company?

What is the message when you try to change to paying for the account with your credit card?

If you are NOT able to take over the account you WILL lose access to everything in the cloud... copy your files to a local drive

You should also always have more than one copy of your files, in case your computer hard drive dies

I use a Sata docking station and several 'bare' drives for backup
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-docking-station-drives/dp/B00U8KSLA8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. If I leave the organization, will I loose my adobe porfolio website? I am using a personal email for the adobe account.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@aleksandran46704301,

Adobe has a business agreement with whoever pays them for the plan.  It's never a good idea to combine personal work with employer's work.  You may need your employer's permission to take the Portfolio with you.  Ditto for files stored on their Cloud storage.

Before you leave the organization, get a paid personal plan for yourself under a different email address. 

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Contact Adobe Portfolio team below and ask them if you can move your old Portfolio to your new account ID. 
https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the account belongs to the organization and you will have to download and back up all of your content and then create a new account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines