• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No debit card in Greece? Here's a simple solution!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe apparently, since 2018, at least, have not managed to make debit card payments standard (even though it's 2021 and most people don't even own credit cards), here's a suggestion:

Offer purchases of Adobe Creative Cloud packages through the Adobe Creative Cloud app! Tada! Payment method: Google Play. Already exists! I know Adobe Employees sees these forums. So please, please kick it up the chain.

I have used Lightroom CC Mobile for a few years now, and I just cancelled it in order to upgrade to the "Creative Cloud Photography plan with 1TB" package, as I cannot do what I want with the downgraded Lightroom CC, and need access to Lightroom Classic instead.

But did it work? No. I had to waste about an hour trying to purchase, before finding out there was no single way for me to pay for a subscription.. I was first trying on phone, but I kept reaching the same agent that hang up as soon as I tried saying my email address (FIVE TIMES!). So I then tried contacting Adobe via chat, where the agent totally ignored my first message (apparently) about getting an error message about having incorrect payment information. She just sent sent me a quote right away (presented as the solution). A quote that I in the end could not use. I spent time on trying the quote link, because I assumed she read my message and the link was a workaround to the error.. before eventually being told that only Credit Card is accepted in Greece.

Now I have to reconsider Adobe, that I have used since 1999 (before the purchase of Macromedia). All because they are seemingly the only company in the world in 2021 that cannot accept a subscription on a debit card.. or that have not found workarounds for deals they already have, like charging through portals like Google Play where they obviously already have the possibility to charge me a subscription. 

Going back to just using Lightroom Mobile when I cancelled it and set my mind on Lightroom Classic? Nah. Reply to this when you fixed the payment methods, and I might come back. Unless I have already gotten acustomed to or locked my self into a subscription with your (now very potent) competiton.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Get a pre-paid credit card for online purchases.

https://www.piraeusbank.gr/en/idiwtes/kartes/propliromenes-kartes/piraeus-prepaid-reloadable-card

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines