• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One of Cx Agent asked me to share Card details!

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of Cx Agent asked me to share Card details when I enquired abou the billing/Charges details. Is this okay, Adobe will never ask to share the card details? Share the first 6 and last 4 numbers of the card which has been charged, this What Support agent asked me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Armaghanhassan, the screenshot you posted is requesting that you confirm the billing address.  If you are connecting via chat at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html then you are using a secure connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What support agent? What is meant by Cx agent? How did you contact them or did they contact you through a Private Message on this forum system or by Email?

In any event unless I initiate contact with some one, and even then, I never give out my CC number in whole. Not even if I am contacting one of my credit card companies/banks. They will already have all that info. All they need is for me to properly identify myself.

Also the forum you have posted in is for getting Help Using this forum system. I will have it moved to a more appropriate forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Siva,

Adobe Customer Service agents don't ask for your card details to check billing.

They might verify the last 4 numbers of the card with you, just to check that you are the owner.

Was this in Chat and if so, could you provide a screenshot? Do remove personal information before posting though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also just asked for my credit card details to check billing.

armaghanhassan_0-1594926896002.png

kind regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Armaghanhassan, the screenshot you posted is requesting that you confirm the billing address.  If you are connecting via chat at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html then you are using a secure connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines