• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overcharrging

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used  a free download from Adobe then I had emails asking me to pay monthly rental so I put in my MasterCard  details . Going to the next screen I saw I was upgraded to an Adobe product I was unable to afford $76.00 odd a month. I tried immediately to cancel the deduction as there is no way I can afford that amount being an old age pensioner.

I sent emails that seem to go nowhere and called 2 x 1800  with no luck. One number 1800 800 833 I waited 55 minutes in a queue till my battery on the phone went flat. Then I find that I'm charged for December 20th @ $76.99 December 21 @ $76.99and a cancellation fee  of $346.46. Over $400.00 for an error of judgement? 
At the most and considering it to be really unfair I would pay for 1 month but this really is nothing less than absolute corporate greed with little respect for their public.

Im now left without enough to pay my rent or buy food.

Adobe are quite difficult to contact which is another bad sign.

Now at the end of my wits can anyone suggest how I can contact someone in that company to discuss this and come to a  resolution. I'm so depressed today about this. I realise being an old lady doesn't provide me with the skills of younger people to search the internet for appropriate help. Hoping maybe some kind soul can give me some advice.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASB44, Hello.
The free trial period is 7 days.
After that, you will automatically download the product after accepting the agreement to automatically switch to the product version. When did you download it? .
If it is less than two weeks ago, unfortunately there is no way to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
Thanks for your reply.

It’s more than 2 weeks ago because after I downloaded it I had a fraud happen on my lap top computer so didn’t use it for the specific tasks for which Adobe was downloaded.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I had paid for the full suite of products I never downloaded any of it.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASB44, Hello.
You mentioned that you did a free download in the first post, but haven't you?
Even if you have not downloaded it, the 7-day count will startedfrom the time you apply for the trial version. It is not seven days from the start of using the app.
Also, the download of the free trial version and the paid version are not separate. Only the first seven days are set as a free Adobe contract.
At the time of free download, you will see the screen below.
Up to this point, it is indicated that it can be used for free.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting this to Australian Consumer Commissioner. Adobe business practices are extremely suspect. Thieves really.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Section 16.1.4 on page 123 of the the Software Licence Agreement might be helpful:

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/licenses-terms/pdf/CS6.pdf 

Can't find the CC version instead of the CS version right away, but I think the Australian clause is still valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines