• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password Requirements

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that adobe prohibits you from using any letters from your first and last name in any of your passwords?

The letters from my first and last name constitute about 60%+ major use in the english language, and over 80% of words in the english language have these letters as constituents. Why is it that I can't use any of them in any of my passwords? I'd honestly rather have my account be hacked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK There is NO Restriction like that. There isn't for me as I have at least 3 letters from my Real Name in my Adobe ID password. So it is something else that is causing whatever error you are getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My initial post might've been a bit misleading. My primary issue is that it won't allow you to use the first letter of both your first and last names. The first letter of my first name is the most used letter in the english language: E. The second one is also commonly used. Every password that I use is primarily based on personal beliefs, relevant events, etc that do not apply to anyone else. Every single one I've attempted to use has the letter E in it.

My point though is that it's an arbitrary system to use just the first letters or even just individual letters to prohibit users password choices. If anything, all it warrants is a warning message "Are you sure you want to use the letter E in your password? Your account may be more at risk as a result." and nothing more.

Long story short, TL;DR: Prohibiting passwords on the basis of containing individual letters is arbitrary, limiting, and thus even more harmful to the security and satisfaction of users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capital E (Upper Case)? Have you tried e?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Why do you think you need Multiple passwords on any Adobe website?

Fact is you don't. You need an Adobe ID which consists of an Email address and a (One [1]) Password.

Do you actually have an Adobe program question? Or a question about using this forum system? As you have started this conversation in the Using the Community forum.

It seems you had no trouble creating the Adobe ID you used to Sign In to this forum system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's to do with your first name and/or last name being entered as a single character. It's super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I don't understand, maybe.

How can either your first name or last name be a Single Character?

Do you mean your actual name is J Smith where you use the J instead og Jay? And you can't use the Letter J (Capital j) in a password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe those names are already in use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike user names, all passwords are case sensitive. You cannot use the first letter of either your first name or your last name (in capital letters, or lower case if you have the first letter of either name in that form on record in your Adobe account) in any of your Adobe passwords. This means that if your first name starts with a capital J and your last name starts with a capital S, then you cannot use either a capital J or a capital S as any character in an Adobe account password (although you may use a lowercase j or a lowercase s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can remember passwords without looking them up, in all likelihood they're not strong enough.

• Be sure to write down IDs & passwords and store them in a safe place.
  • Strong passwords should contain 16 or more upper & lower case alpha-numeric characters and symbols.
  • If your password is rejected, add a prefix of % or some other symbol.  Problem solved.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines