Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Potential scam ?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a post show up on my Facebook that takes you to this site :

https://www.helios-market.com/products/adobe-cc-business-account-1-year-subscription-key

is this accurate ? 
seemed a bit to LOW in the price to be real .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

I confirmed with Adobe that it's a scam they said they'd look into it. Adobe is expensive and it's not the easiest time to work in the gig economy. When people are desparate, they can make stupid decisions... I hope not too many fall for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've just seen this too, it's through a shop called Helios Market, which is selling some other dubious looking items on its shopify website.  As you say seems a bit too good to be true! £107.30 for the whole year instead of  £50 a month!

Any one from Adobe feeling like weighing in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resellers cannot offer a better deal than Adobe. Must be a scam. A particularly nasty scam is companies who use stolen credit card details to buy a license for you. Soon, the credit card holder will notice, report it, and at best you lose your subscription. Worse possibilities include s police visit about “your” purchase with a stolen card...also of course they now have your card for the next batch. 

Warning, scammers may contact you privately pretending to be Adobe staff. Adobe will never send you a private message asking you to email an account that isn't @adobe.com, or use Skype. Adobe never ask you for their password. These scammers want your Adobe info, credit cards, your money and control of your computer, please take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirmed with Adobe that it's a scam they said they'd look into it. Adobe is expensive and it's not the easiest time to work in the gig economy. When people are desparate, they can make stupid decisions... I hope not too many fall for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As TSN noted above, you are not going to find a cheaper price for the legitimate product than going to Adobe direct... and there are plenty of scams and counterfeits out there.

In general, trying to find/buy software like that from websites you've never heard of (or from random sellers on eBay) is fraught with risk.

Here, as in other aspects of life, if something sounds too good to be true, well... 

So kudos to you for double-checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats what I figured! 

I wanted to give people the heads up as some might believe its Real and actually buy it only to get screwed in the end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines