• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pure evil [not happy about subscription]

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who besides me is sick of Adobe with their move to the cloud to jack up prices and continuing to make it harder to just use their tools with elaborate sign-ins (to protect their fees), weak support and a poor GUI.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody is forcing you to buy a subscription

Use Google to find alternate programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe is the defacto standard and 800 npound gorilla. When you're in this position, you need to play by another set of rules. Microsoft is falling into this same alluring profit grab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They didn't move to the Cloud. Just added Cloud to the product name to make it sound cooler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well John T Smith, your answer to davido35538265 is probably the most arrogant, disinterested comment I've seen on this forum.

Now on to my problem.

Two days ago I filled out a survey and after I completed it I was offered a considerable discount on my plan cost. A bit more than $20 per month reduction.

When I tried to progress this I was told this was only available for new subscibers.

John T, I have been using most Adobe products since 2010. Photoshop from 1998. InDesign since version 1. Illustrator since 1998. And so it goes. My point is that our loyalty to Adobe could occasionally be rewarded.

Such an opportunity occured two days ago.

And before you offer me similar advice to davido35538265 just think about how many other people, including me, are indeed researching alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted over 80 thousand times, most of those are to try and help someone who says "I have problem X with program Y" or similar

When someone comes here to vent and complain, I will reply in kind... if you don't like Adobe programs, and you aren't asking for help with a program, be my guest to find software that you do like

Nobody here in a public form... including me... sets Adobe's sales policies, so nobody here can tell Adobe to offer bargains to existing user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has abandoned both poor (and disabled creators, like me) that's who they are hurting the most.

No one time fee. People barely scraping by and can't afford it, oh, and not forget the fees to cancel their sub when you are struggling. Honestly a bunch of greedy jerks. I never want to support them ever again. the 10/ a month was fine

But disabled folks like me can be extremely sick out of nowhere for weeks months at a time and unable to function. I don't get to 'decide' when i will be okay enough to work or even use the programs. So money I barely have is also wasted. They DOUBLED their prices, which is even worse. They force you to subscribe for long time because you can't just subscribe when you think you can use it that month(and folks with busy work lives, disabilities etc, have no time to even use it)
It's just biased and unfair. It's like their model is only for creators ALREADY making big money or have a lot of free time on their hands. I love clip studio and they aren't evil like adobe is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Tiffany32481196kr2g 

no plan price doubled. the standard storage photography plan is still $10/mo.

kglad_0-1695478467727.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines