Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about next payment

Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

so my current subscription is running out very soon. I'm still a student and verified this through Adobe. I got checked and it is valid, therefore I should still receive the student discount, but my next payment is about 700 dollars. I'm a bit worried now that this will be the actual amount of money they are gonna withdraw. In the last years I paid around 350-400 dollars. Will this change before pay day or is it actually 700 bucks with a student discount?

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fabrilax 

you should check that with adobe support.  there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well problem is during Christmas I can't really contact anybody on customer support in my country. So if that doesn't change, I guess I'm gonna cancel the subscription for now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i thought that might be a problem.  i don't know where to find a schedule of support availability.

but, if i were you, i would wait until the day before renewal to cancel. before then i would try all 3 contact methods.

p.s.  if you need help with cancellation, you might encounter the same problem.  at least check now to see if have the cancel option in your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly the Adobe chat bot told me that my next payment is gonna be ~230 dollars. So there's a discrepancy between the website and what the bot said, a massive one actually...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your account say: https://account.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says:

710,29€/year

next payment: 27 Dec. 2022

yearly subscription, prepaid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's more important than the bot.  (though, if you have access to that bot conversation, save it.)

at this point confirm you can cancel yourself on 12/26 before you're charged.  do you know how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I know how to do it. Will cancel it on 12/26. Thanks for your fast replies nevertheless! Have a nice christmas 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i've never heard anyone report they could only cancel on certain days. ie, a lot of people can't find (or it's not offered) the cancel option on their account.  but if it is found and clickable, they can use it.

nevertheless, i'm a very suspicious person and would take extra steps if i were you. i would contact (by internal message) my financial institution and let them know the maximum charge to allow from adobe.  that would give you a 2nd line of defense against being overcharged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you wanna tell me that there is a 400 dollar mark up after two years of usage for a student? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work for Adobe, so I'm not going to say anything besides the link I posted

You need to contact Adobe, not other users in a public forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Fabrilax 

these user-to-user forums.  we're not adobe support.  hopefully, we can help you find what you need, but we can't promise anything about pricing, for example.

just continue the path we discussed before you got sidetracked with @John T Smith post.

bottomline: we make no decisions about pricing or anything else related to your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines