• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Credit Card Fraud

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  Adobe has fraudulently taken money from my account for the past 3 years now.  Cards have been changed within that time and still money was taken from updated cards.  I am so shocked how what appears to be a bonafide company will commit such underhanded acts!

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to c

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Card issuers automatically reroute charges to replacement cards. It's a normal part of credit card working. Did you take out a subscription in the first place? You cannot escape a contract by changing cards. You have to cancel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved, branched, your post to a better forum, Account, Payment & Plan.

But I must say that it took you 3 years to notice that Adobe might be charging you for a subscription you forgot to properly cancel even after you change the number of the credit card that was registered with Adobe?

I'd have to say this it totally your fault.

It is notmal practice by most CC companies and or banks to Carry Over charges made to an old number unless you Specifically State to them to NOT Honor any charges to the old number or the reason for the change was some type of fraud and in that case the only company/Person/ Entity restricted from making charges is the one you are filing a dispute about.

As for you not noticing it for 3 year that is totaly your mistake. Who doesn't look at their CC statement for 3 years and juist Pays it? No wonder there is so much CC Fraud.

Best of luck to you in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Cards have been changed within that time and still money was taken from updated cards. I am so shocked how what appears to be a bonafide company will commit such underhanded acts!"

The pot calling the kettle black.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines