• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

READ THE FINE PRINT BEFORE PURCHASING ANY PRODUCTS FROM ADOBE IM BEING CHARGED TO CANCEL PLAN

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new business owner and was going through the process of creating a logo, website, etc. I was going through my bank statements and saw multiple charges from Adobe, several for $29.99 (Adobe Stock-10 assets) and several for $16.49 (Acrobat Pro DC) I went to manage my products to cancel these plans since I originally purchased to use for one purpose and haven't had use for the poducts since. I started by trying to cancel the Acrobat Pro DC which is $16.49 (have no clue what this even is by the way) and I will be charged $29.99 to cancel this monthy plan. I then proceeded to cancel the Adobe Stock- 10 assets and it says I will lose all 30 of the assets I have not used yet which is crazy since I have already paid for these images and have not used a single one. But that is not what is absoutely ridiculous. What is unbelieveable to me is that in order to not have to pay $29.99 every month for something I have absolutely no use for I will be charged a cancelation fee of $59.99!!! ADOBE YOU ARE DOING VERY SHADY BUSINESS AND I THINK IT IS WRONG TO FORCE PEOPLE TO PAY FOR YOUR PRODUCTS WHEN THEY HAVE NO USE FOR THEM ANYMORE. SHAME ON YOU. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually anytime you SUBSCRIBE to a Service, whether it is for a software program, a rental or lease for a car, a magazine, Whatever, you are agreeing to Pay a Monthly, Possibly a Yearly, FEE for that Subscription.

I really don't understand why so many people find this hard to understand.

If you are having a problem Canceling your subscriptions then follow the instruction below.

This forum system is not a direct link to Adobe support.
We are just users like you and can't help with account questions.
You need to contact Adobe directly through the Chat system at the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Select the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.
Type in AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI System.

Best of Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, obviously my bad. I'm not saying that it wasn't a mistake on my part.

I just find that it's ridiculous when canceling you get multiple screens popping up saying - 'are you sure you want to cancel?' 'this is what's going to happen if you cancel' 'you're going to lose all your benefits and be charged an arm and a leg'

Compared to, subscribing for a monthly plan which; by the way,  should be exactly what it says it is - A MONTHLY PLAN. There aren't any clarifying screens popping up warning you what's going to be charged and what you stand to gain or potentially lose. 

I just find it absolutely ridiculous that this is how they decide to treat their customers. I have never experienced a company charging a cancellation fee double or even triple the amount of the subscription itself without it being made perfectly clear. Especially for an app that I assume people may commonly only need for one project. I also didn't see any other options to be able to purchase for a shorter period of time to accommodate someone like me who has absolutely no use for an entire years worth of their products. It is completely asinine.
However, I understand that I am just naïve to assume the company would attempt to have some level of transparency. 

Thank you for the links pointing me in the correct direction. Let's see if they are actually helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your title is exactly right... read the fine print

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you buy a subscription... https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html
-LOTS of screen pics of the terms https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Creative-Cloud-One-Years-Subcription-help/td-p/10379854 in reply #4
-Purchasing FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Purchasing-FAQ-How-do-I-purchase-a-Creative-Cloud-members...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines